• Welcome to www.fastfrogs.co.nz - Fast Frogs The NZ home for Fast French Cars .

interested in getting a rallye 106

Started by texmo, September 13, 2014, 10:24:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

texmo

Title pretty much sums it up.

I need to get a work car for around town (Auckland) and a 106 pretty much ticks all the boxes. I just wanted to have a look around here to get a bit more information on them and make sure I'm not making a wrong move.

Cheers

BigPete

Welcome! Good luck! 106 rallyes are lush. What kind of 'work' needs a 106 rallye?

texmo

Just a cheap run around. Electrical company, we have a bunch of vans but I need something for just going to meet with clients.

texmo

There do not seem to be that many around, that's why I joined here. Hoping to get pointed in the right direction of anyone knows of any for sale?

BigPete

Sounds like a plan. If you can't find any, RS Clios are basically a modern Rallye/205GTI etc ;D

texmo

Great car, perhaps not a cheap run around and out of my price bracket unfortunately :'(

MYRUSH

There is a rallye on trademe, I talked to someone who knows this car and they have said its a very great car and bloody mint!
http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used-cars/peugeot/auction-710423170.htm

Or something to consider if you want something a bit cheaper,
http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used-cars/peugeot/auction-778394254.htm
Present:
Pug 106 XSi 1.6
Pug 106 Rallye S1
BMW M5 E60 V10
Pug 306 Cabrio 2.0

Past:
Pug 406 Sedan
2x Pug 406 V6 Sedan
Pug 406 V6 Coupe
Pug 205 GTi 1.9
4x Pug 106 XSi 1.6
Pug 106 Diesel

texmo

Thanks pug.

I sent the rallye owner am email waiting in a response. It's been for sale since March. I'm happy to put an offer in but I am not sure if the price he's asking is realistic.

The other one isn't my cup of tea. I want something fun to drive.

Thanks for the reference in the rallye that's good to know.

:)

CaM

welcome along!

perhaps consider a 106xsi or gti. few more around than rallyes and just as lush!

1959 Citroën ID19 Slough
1990 Peugeot 205Mi16

texmo

Do you know of any for sale? The two 106 Rallye owners are after $7,500. Which I think is a little on the high side.

Don Simon

I may know of another. pm me if you a re still looking
91 Peugeot 205 GTI MI-16
11 Ds3 Dsport HDI (Becky's)
97 Peugeot 306 Dturbo
1995 Citroen AX GT