• Welcome to www.fastfrogs.co.nz - Fast Frogs The NZ home for Fast French Cars .

Back in the fold!

Started by 106gilla, December 24, 2016, 07:39:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

106gilla

Hi all,
I haven't posted for ages, so thought I had better.
I brought my 04 Megane 2.0 6 speed about 6 months ago, got it from Tauranga  and trailered  it back as it had a dead clutch.
Got it back home and stripped the box out, replaced clutch  plate ,pressure plate and slave cyl.
Renault  NZ  wanted $700 odd for the slave cyl!! I didn't even bother pricing a clutch from them!
I was in no super hurry as I still had my BMW 740 as a daily driver. So I ended up getting a genuine  Renault slave cyl and a Sachs  clutch out of the UK  all for $350 Inc postage!! 😆😆
Fired it all back together, threw away the stupid pedal return spring which was actually  stopping the clutch  pedal from returning all the way to the top!
Now driving and loving it ( apart from the slightly  asthmatic  136hp  F4r  engine)
Also replaced  the drivers window control module which stopped working.
Anyway , glad to be back in a frog. ( would prefer a fast frog, but hopefully  that's the next car😆)
Cheers
Peugeot , 309 GTi, 106 XSi, 405 SRi, Citroën  AX11, Renault  Clio RS 172 phase 1, 2004 Megane  3dr  6 spd  2.0 16v   (current)