• Welcome to www.fastfrogs.co.nz - Fast Frogs The NZ home for Fast French Cars .

New Member - Kiwi in UK

Started by Mik, November 13, 2016, 06:58:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mik

Hi everyone, saw this site a while ago and just remembered it. I've got a Peugeot 306 Rallye in cherry red, luckily not too faded - lots of them are Cherry Pink these days, that I've owned since 2011 and have done a lot of work on it. It is a brilliant car and I love driving it. It has a strut brace, seam-welded subframe, Citroen C5 'steelie' wheels (the 4.7kg alloy ones) and a Xsara VTS 2.6-turn steering rack. Not much done since mid-2013; we moved house, doing lots of work on the house, no good area to work on it, then had kids, but I've got more plans for it. I was pleasantly surprised to see that the underbody work I did from over 3 years ago is holding up well (it needed some de-rusting soon after purchase due to horrible UK road salt). I plan to finish that by removing engine and fuel tank and repainting under these areas, and am thinking about a Quaife ATB diff. I'm also building a garage which will be great for working on it. It is also getting a refurbed rear axle with all OE parts and powdercoated correct colours in January. I've been in the UK for nearly 10 years. If I ever come back the Rallye is coming with me.

Cheers.

Pee Dubbaya

Welcome Mik.
Few Gti-6's to choose from here but I don't think that any 306 rallyes made it over. They're proper old school hot hatches and still a lot of fun, for not much dosh. Good to see the club for them over in UK is still going alright.
Current: Peugeot 205 GTI 16v  +  504 (Project)

Previous: Peugeot 106 Rallye (S1), 205 GTI Mi16, 206 GTI 180, 306 S16 (Ph1) & GTI-6 (Ph2) & GTI (Ph3), 309 GTI 16v, 405 Mi16 & SRDT x2, 406 HDi, 504 GL & 504 Break                     Citroën ID19, BX TZD, Xantia 2.0

cammmy

Welcome along mate. Where abouts are you? I'm out in Essex.
'91 405 Mi16x4
'74 Triumph TC2500
'98 Lotus Esprit GT3
'02 Mini Cooper S
Quote from: CaMnever feel bad about doing anything on here. you're admin, there are no rules. just ban simon before you do it.

RS

Welcome.

Rally's are awesome.

I remember reading the EVO Magazines top 100 Drivers cars and the Rally scored well. I treat this as a bible as to whats good and whats not!

http://www.evo.co.uk/features/features/239677/100_greatest_drivers_cars_countdown_7061.html

Mik

Quote from: cammmy on November 15, 2016, 09:09:01 PM
Welcome along mate. Where abouts are you? I'm out in Essex.

Sorry, been a while since I was on here. I'm in Kent.

Ayven

Would love to see some pics of the rallye. Something about a super light weight hatch with a happy engine really is a great combination!