Author Topic: New to forum- From owning one to four in five months  (Read 2659 times)

Offline Blainenz

• Newborn
New to forum- From owning one to four in five months
« on: April 17, 2017, 09:26:49 AM »
Hi guys. I decided that it was time to join this forum and start by saying I'm a convert.  I've always been a Jap man for cars but since owning one and fixing it and learning more about them through these forums I'm a born again convert. Lol

It all started last year August 2016 when a young women fresh out of university living in Masterton was selling her diesel 405 on Trademe. I wasn't really a fan of Peugeots but because she was selling it cheap I thought why not. It needed a bit of work done to it like brakes, central locking (which I'm still figuring it out), headlining which this Easter I've finally fixed, Windows don't work, heater blows cold are still the little things need doing. Since its been on the road I've had and a few minor issues to sort out like the starter motor crapping out and the radiator blew it did offer a challenge for me to get it fixed. But I'm one to never back down from a mechanical challenge

Apart from all its flaws this car runs silky smooth. I love it. Cheap to run and plenty of grunt when needed. Well for a old fella like me it's plenty. It's my daily runner to work. So when I told you I was a die hard Jap fan this is where my allegiance changes. And how did that happen I have NO idea. It just kinda  snuck up on me much to the disgust of my wife.

Since my first 405 I brought last year I brought another two more 405's. One was for spares and another a doer upper. When I get around to it.  Then to top it all off my latest purchase was a 308. Beautiful condition inside and out but has a starting problem. My driveway now resembles a Peugeot sales  yard and I'm sure my neighbours are fearing that I've devalued their properties Lol.

Anyway I look forward to reading and participating in this forum of like minded Pug owners who have a passion for all things French. I am truely converted. Oh and the picture I've posted is not the diesel but petrol one which I brought to do up as well.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2017, 09:29:49 AM by Blainenz »

Offline Pee Dubbaya

• Administrator
  • Fast Frog
Re: New to forum- From owning one to four in five months
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2017, 10:18:57 AM »
Ahahaha, sounds like the driveways of many of us here! Welcome to the club - the addiction usually gets worse before it gets better! You don't realise how good the older Pugs are until you've driven them eh. Unfortunately the 405's are getting a bit long in the tooth and most need a fair bit of tlc these days, but worth it if you have the patience. 308 was a bit of a return to form for Peugeot after some dark years of producing generic crap.
Current: Peugeot 205 GTI 16v  +  504 (Project)

Previous: Peugeot 106 Rallye (S1), 205 GTI Mi16, 206 GTI 180, 306 S16 (Ph1) & GTI-6 (Ph2) & GTI (Ph3), 309 GTI 16v, 405 Mi16 & SRDT x2, 406 HDi, 504 GL & 504 Break                     Citroën ID19, BX TZD, Xantia 2.0

Offline DRTDVL

• Fast Frog
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2017, 04:34:27 PM »
There is a great blog/website series on doing up the 405 diesel to get more power from it. I highly recommend looking for it. Just a couple tweaks and it's so much better to drive.

Edit: found one of the 5 parts: http://www.autospeed.com/cms/article.html?&title=Our-Peugeot-Diesel-Part-3-Fuelling-Adjustments-&A=109306

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: April 17, 2017, 04:36:21 PM by DRTDVL »

Offline Blainenz

• Newborn
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2017, 08:47:49 PM »
This is why I joined this forum. To have some help in fixing up my Peugeots. Cheers guys. Much appreciated.

Offline Ballantine

• Newborn
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2017, 05:46:11 PM »
This is why I joined this forum. To have some help in fixing up my Peugeots. Cheers guys. Much appreciated.

Cool peugeot!
« Last Edit: October 29, 2021, 04:07:38 AM by Ballantine »