• Welcome to www.fastfrogs.co.nz - Fast Frogs The NZ home for Fast French Cars .

The 106 master

Started by Speedbitz.com, May 02, 2008, 12:02:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Speedbitz.com

Yeah it is a fast car. We have a new engine in our 306 s16 now and its very impressive.
It's got a lot of torque.
We put it on the dyno at the same time as dylan Turners evo 9 and it has more power!

Reviled

Quote from: Speedbitz.com on May 07, 2008, 09:27:22 AM
Yeah it is a fast car. We have a new engine in our 306 s16 now and its very impressive.
It's got a lot of torque.
We put it on the dyno at the same time as dylan Turners evo 9 and it has more power!

Thats awesome  :D What engine you running? What have you done? How much $$$ did it cost to get there?

Speedbitz.com

It's a 306 s16 engine. Head and block that is.
Crank is out of another peugeot which stroked it to 2.1 L
Rods and pistons are the usual after market forged steel and ali.
Dry Sump
306 maxi Throttle bodies
306 maxi headers
2.5 inch stainless exhaust
Solid Lifters / Ported head etc
Autronic ECU
Marshall Motorsport Developed Cam Shafts
Titanium Valves

Peak power at 8200.

Cost is $30k for complete engine ready to go. The same thing in europe costs NZ$90,000. So far cheaper in NZ.

The biggest difference we have seen in building engine is changing to forged pistons (more compression),cams, throttle bodies / exhaust and ecu.

That basic package would cost around $16,000 and would give a 106 gti 195hp and a 306 s16 230 hp.
We have done this to both engines before and had these powers.

N/A engines always cost alot of money and don't give good results compared to turbo cars per $ spent.
For an example and evo is so easy to get more power out of. Change the ecu and thats it. That will give you timing, fuel and more boost.

But hey n/a cars sound much better.

monnymc

wow that's awesome!  wish my 309 was 230 horse  8)

Reviled

So who wants to lend me $30k  ;)

Griffe

Sorry, 30 grand for me is all out of stock at the moment
It's a workup

Zealot

Quote from: Speedbitz.com on May 07, 2008, 10:58:01 AM
<snip>

With all that I'd have thought you could have squeezed a motec M4 in at the very least... The Autronic software makes my brain hurt. Which one are you using - SM4 or similar I'd assume? Trying to work out how to configure it is positively evil. Variable launch control etc. And how to tune traction control successfully. And then the wankers only put three inputs for wheel speed... Gr.

Autronic is pretty much the definition of counter-intuitive. But it's good and relatively cheap, so I can't complain.

Speedbitz.com

The 306 is 1995 so of course the ecu is old. It's SM2 I think or which ever the small one is.

In the 206 GTi 180 we run Pectel which is better than SM4 (From what I have seen, im no expert on ecu's). Pectel is used on Indy Cars and some of the WRC cars.