• Welcome to www.fastfrogs.co.nz - Fast Frogs The NZ home for Fast French Cars .

Long-time member, first-time poster

Started by nzpug, December 20, 2017, 08:19:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nzpug

hi all,
I've been a member on here for a while, but here's my (long-delayed) intro...and a pic of my 1.9GTi.
cheers,
Matt

nzpug

should have mentioned that among the subtle modifications, running Eibach springs and Bilstein dampers which have noticeable improved body control (and sitting a bit lower, tastefully so IMO).
also recently had the wheels refurbished to remove kerbing from the old owner and wow, the wheels look brand new now!

Mungous

Nice! The wheels do look great.

How is the red paint? Not too destroyed by the sun?
"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals"

Gone:
'63 ID19, '67 Land Rover Safari, '71 GS1015, '74 GS1220, '76 GSX2, '80 GSA, '86 BX19GT, '89 BX19GTi, '91 BX16 Meteor, 2003 M5, '08 308

In a garage:
'89 BX 19 GTi 16 valve
'90 BX16v
'98 Saxo VTS

nzpug

ah, yes the paint. it is a bit variable: pretty good shape in most places (especially if I've give it its annual polish  :-[), but faded in others - particularly on the roof.
getting a respray is on my list for the long-term.

rolly

Looks tidy - well done on the suspension combo
04 Clio RS - daily
03 Hirsch Saab 9-5 Sportcombi - family wagon
97 106 Gti - Current 2KCUP car - unknown quantity.
97 106 Gti - road car currently in bits after offering itself up as a sacrifice to the race car.

nzpug

hey,
yeah the suspension is good, though the most profound improvement was a Quaife ATB - really helps maximise drive in all conditions and makes it corner even better!