• Welcome to www.fastfrogs.co.nz - Fast Frogs The NZ home for Fast French Cars .

205 starting issue

Started by Ted, September 16, 2021, 07:26:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ted

Hi Folks, From new I have a 205 1.9 1987 in mint condition with 64,000 mls on the clock. Recently i needed a warrant but when starting it, it instantly flooded. Removing the plugs the gaps were bridged with liquid fuel. All plugs do spark. Siphoned about 5 ml fuel from a cylinder. Is this a sticking cold start injector? Also noticed that the airflow sensor is not receiving 9v but is under 3 V. Perhaps the problem is in the ECU? Has anyone any suggestions please.

CiriColet

Quote from: Ted on September 16, 2021, 07:26:47 PM
Hi Folks, From new I have a 205 1.9 1987 in mint condition with 64,000 mls on the clock. Recently i needed a warrant but when starting it, it instantly flooded. Removing the plugs the gaps were bridged with liquid fuel. All plugs do spark. Siphoned about 5 ml fuel from a cylinder. Is this a sticking cold start injector? Also noticed that the airflow sensor is not receiving 9v but is under 3 V. Perhaps the problem is in the ECU? Has anyone any suggestions please.

This can take a long time to sort out and never find the cause. Or eliminate it and it will reappear after a time.
I sold a 205.

bryand

Hi Ted,

Has your car been parked up for a while?
With all the damp weather connections and earths can lose their conductivity. 9v down to 3v maybe? Check that earth points are not corroded.

Is the fuel regulator at the right pressure? If it is failing to regulate properly extra pressure could supply more fuel through the injectors.
If all cylinders have similar amounts and are getting spark the ECU may still be OK.

Is the return fuel line from engine back to tank free of obstructions?

Bryan
Current:
1988 Peugeot 309 SR
1989 Peugeot 309 SRi
2010 Citroen C5 2.0  H3+ (163)
Long gone:
Simca 1000  bored, planed, cammed, Webered