• Welcome to www.fastfrogs.co.nz - Fast Frogs The NZ home for Fast French Cars .

Hello I'm new to NZ but not new to Renaut the best car in the world!!!!!!!!!

Started by cliche guevara, October 19, 2008, 11:03:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cliche guevara

Hi all,I am a new resident in the North Island at the base of Mt Taranaki my CrimRenault record (see what did there?) read as follows:-

R5 first car in 85 when living in the UK these came with mandatory UK rust
Another R5 followed with Dini bits this car eventually disolved in the rain
Was given a Ford Sierra whic was good RWD fun but didn't float my boat
Then a barn find R10 which to thisday I regret gettig shot of
Had a company car for the best part of 10 years untill I found a rotten but mechanically sound Gordini Turbo then 4 years later a mint rust free 5TL granny car for 130 pounds on ebay.
The swopping of the good bits began,however at this point in time my Kiwi wife got home sick and I found a Gordini turbo convertable and was offered a crashed but newly built 5TS track car with only 4 hours use under it's belt.
The pressure was now on to downsize for the move,I was working as a blaster/powdercoater so the 6 point cage and special track suspension were made to look new the granny car was thrown together as a road legal race car and sold as the hoops to jump through to get it to NZ were just too risky.The turbo stuff went to France with the convertable where I am from and my parents live and underwent a quick fix up job.

I would like to think that I own the only Gordini turbo convertable in the world but would love to see if another one exists.Maybe if I come into some spare cash it may come over to NZ at some point.The figures are good,it weighs 610kgs with 127bhp the standard dini weighs 870kgs with 110bhp.

I sense I may be getting boring now but I have one last thing to add.

I bought the Duncan Rutherford Renault 16 on Trademe so it will be black fingers time again soon :)

Cheers for reading

Cliche

2052NV

wow awsome history!

Welcome along how did you find out about out wonderfull site?

cliche guevara

Just googled french car forum.I joined aussiefrogs before coming over but whilst trying to get over the jetlag I've been at the PC just killing time trying to get a feel for the french car following,at last I found it thanks for the welcome.Any how I need to get my trademe faux pas from Nelson to Taranaki.Is anyone making the crossing with room to spare or does anyone have any suggestions?

CaM

get it to wellington and I can drive it form there  ;)

seriously though, there's sailings of the Kent or Bluebridge ferry from nelson I'm pretty sure. Costs about $250 for an unattended vehicle. from there jsut get a plane to wellington, jump on the bus from airport to train station then get teh shuttle to the ferry, pick up, then slope off to the 'naki. just over 4 hours driving.

They sail every tuesday I think.
If you've no way of getting to wellington then there's transport companies that will cart it all the way for you, or i you want I can pick it up form the ferry for you and keep it at our place for a few weeks until you get here. will have to park on a quiet street but it's fairly safe. long as it rego'd and wof'd then there will be no troubles although we keep no wof or rego cars here for ages without tickets.
1959 Citroën ID19 Slough
1990 Peugeot 205Mi16

Carpentry

I think we need to go to 'Naki to see this Dini turbo convertible.... well I do anyway, it sounds friggin awesome :o
Take it to Bishops

cliche guevara

Its not over here........YET its in a barn all wrapped up in the south of France,however if you want to see a pic of it take a look at the projects page under "does future projects count?"

It does put a huge grin ;D on your face when that blower does it's thing and it certainly surprises people.

BTW I have a trailor booked and ferry crossing booked so the 16 should be with me soon.
Is there a rotten but good engined Fuego Turbo about? :-\