• Welcome to www.fastfrogs.co.nz - Fast Frogs The NZ home for Fast French Cars .

Kiaora all newb pug enthusiast, just bought my 2nd Pug, a 106 GTi

Started by ripraa, July 30, 2008, 02:45:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ripraa

Hi all,

My name is Tim and I have a '94 Mk1 106 Xsi and now a 97 106 GTi, I really love these little beasts!

Also a member of 106owners.co.uk which is a great forum for 106 enthusiasts...

Swapped my leather seats into the 106 GTi last night (got them from a mate who turned a later model 106 GTi into a rally car). Had some issues with the seat belt pretensioners - turns out the Leather seats had been in an accident and they had fired... will have to swap them across on the weekend too.

Next is to swap the head deck and tweeters over to the new car too. Will have to get a pro to do that though as it's somewhat more complicated than the 4 bolts per seat!

Will then have to go through the painful process of selling my Mk1 106 XSi this car has served me well over the last 6 years / 85000ks and I have a lot of fond memories...

Also pretty keen to find some mint 15" speedlines for the new car as Im not a fan of the standard 106 GTi 14" alloys.

Looking forward to contributing to this forum. Having a quick look there are some familiar usernames here - I generally look at all things 106 / 205 gti / 405 Mi 16 on trademe daily, just to see what's around...

Cheers,

Tim

Carpentry

Welcome Tim!

I'm a fan of the 106's too 8)  What colour is it? Might've seen you around if you're in Auckland, there's a few around...

Hope you find what you're looking for and become a valued contributor :D
Take it to Bishops

ripraa

It's Cobalt Blue, I flew down to Welly and bought it last Wednesday ($4512 116000ks, Mint condition!) and drove it back up to Auckland. The XSi is red with RIPRAA as the number plate, been driving that around Ak the last 6 years...

badbui

Hey man gratz on your new purchase!!!
Awesome car.
Is your xsi 1.4 or 1.6?

cheers.

Carpentry

Saw a ph2 blue 106 hooning across upper queen st bridge this morning is all, mighta been you?
Take it to Bishops

ripraa

My Xsi is the older 1.4 (1360cc), with a close ratio gearbox from a 1.3 Rallye - really helps the acceleration, and low enough to happily cruise at 50 in town in 5th...

ripraa

Capentry - Yup that was me... on the way to work...

DRTDVL - Trademe auction ended Monday 14th July. Came down to a furious bidding war at the last minute and I won using an auto bid. Car was in Welly and pretty much bought it sight unseen - although talked to the owner for a good half hour... Stoaked!

Griffe

Quote from: ripraa on July 30, 2008, 03:05:42 PM
It's Cobalt Blue, I flew down to Welly and bought it last Wednesday ($4512 116000ks, Mint condition!) and drove it back up to Auckland. The XSi is red with RIPRAA as the number plate, been driving that around Ak the last 6 years...

Hey man, welcome along!

That sure was a good bidding war! You absolutely stole that car too, what a bargain! Good to hear of another fellow 106 owner, do you have any pics to post up yet?

I have seen you old car fasting round too! Niiiice!
It's a workup

ripraa

Ill stick up some photo's this weekend.

DRTDVL - the guy I bought the GTi from was selling as he had upgraded to a GTi 180, said it was completely different to drive. A friend has also rencently bought a 180 - need to get him to take me for a spin some time soon.

309munkey

Wilski

Hey Tim, thanks for your answer on Trade me and for pointing me in the direction of Fast Frogs... you lucky boy snagging that 106 Gti ! Looks a minter. I missed out on one in Nelson with 60,000 kms on, gutted, was totally mint ! Not many around now ! Be keen to see what you get for your Xsi, I am going to sell mine when i find a new one ! Cheers Paul
1998 306 GTi-6

309munkey

ripraa

Not yet, a bit short on funds for new wheels at the moment unfortunately.

Could be interested if you are not in a big hurry to sell though. What condition are they in, are they Speedline or SMR?

What sort of price are you after? PM me.