• Welcome to www.fastfrogs.co.nz - Fast Frogs The NZ home for Fast French Cars .

Hidei hi

Started by shitroen, December 24, 2008, 11:15:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shitroen

Hi, James here introducing myself...

Formerly Citroen mechanic now reformed, own a id19 still as well as a few random continental tinboxes
   thinking of buying this shitbox Renault 11 turbo three door, any thoughts? Had plenty of 5 door versions over the years non turbo..
   pretty rusty but rare id imagine..
  Have a prv v6 from a 604 im wanting to pawn off triple choke motor, ran really mint years ago low k's too, swap why??
  Anyone got a spare id gearbox lying around? If so you'd be my best friend if you sell to me
  Also whilst on the wish list any surplus 404's or 403's?  Also long time since i saw a SIMCA, any on the forum?
  Rember the 1501's going really well with webers

BigPete

Hello

Keen for pics of the ID. What part of the country are you in?

shitroen

Auckland, will put pics up at some stage but not the prettiest at mo as bonnet guars etc are off.
Got plenty of pics on my phone one of the id at red rocks in wellington doin a spot of off roading
good old hydraulics... ;)

CaM

welcome

red rocks is quite hilarious in citroens, especially when you drive some way in and 'slam out' the suspension when you park up - passers by in their 4x4s look ratehr confused.

don't have a spare ID box. got a super one but probably is different?
1959 Citroën ID19 Slough
1990 Peugeot 205Mi16

BigPete

Here's some guy's blog about doing up a 504. Sounds like he used a 505 engine and box and 604 suspension bits. Good luck finding a 604 though, lewl.

http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=65647

pugMi

just been reading about the 604 in "The World's Worst Cars" (the only pug to get a mention ;D).

"Peugeot wanted to make sure the 604 had class-leading ride, so the suspension was deliberately made to be very soft to aid shock absorbtion. But, in reality, this just made it bouncy, while the handling was indefferent, to say the least."

BigPete

It also looks like a corrupt communist leader's car.

Also loled @ these people's republic re-hashed 206es

pugMi

theres also a citroen GS birotor in that book. they only sold 847 of them. handling and performance was excellent but unfortunately it was considerably more expensive than a four cylinder and the rotor tip seals were poohs.

CaM

^ citroen tried to buy them all back so they wouldn't have to supply parts for them also
1959 Citroën ID19 Slough
1990 Peugeot 205Mi16

AXGT

Hey James
What color is the Renault 11 turbo you were looking at? Do you happen to know the rego number?
Renault 11 Turbo = Very Fast Frog!
74 D Special 04 C3 (Wife's Car) 05 C4 VTS 
If you can't fix it with a hammer you've got an electrical problem

shitroen

Its a black three door with sunroof and tan cloth :)   Bit mankey but runs and has reg on hold, needs waterpump etc but has spares from another one.   Guy lives in northcross can get number or address if anyone keen id love it but wouldnt be able to give it the attention it needs ( too many projects on the go ) It was cheap too he was askin three hundred or round about!!!
ps, that 604 is so pimpin vip custom lowrider spec 8)

RENOholic

Hidey hi

I am keen on having a look at it and maybe buying if you're not.

It will be great if you can supply me with a number or adress.

RENOholic
Education is what remains after one has forgotten what one has learned in school.

shitroen

Sweet, goin past tomorrow so will check up on it, get details etc

shitroen

Just went past the house where the 11 turbo was and its gone :(
Was there for years, hopefully someone will do it up or it ends up on this forum...
There is a couple of r5's on the property and an 11 auto if anyones keen i'll give directions
should have snapped it up ages ago

5GTX

Was it Tom's? (I think thats his name...lives in northcote?)  No one wanted to buy it so it went to the wreckers :'(

bit of a shame.