• Welcome to www.fastfrogs.co.nz - Fast Frogs The NZ home for Fast French Cars .

Started by cammmy, January 12, 2009, 02:05:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cammmy

From what I've read the power curve is still going up at the limiter so should just increasing it with a chip give a bit more power? (not that I'm planning on it).

Yeah don't want the epic scrapage but getting the TC lower would be pretty sweet.

The interior doesn't rattle heaps (bit of a rattle in the roof liner somewhere). There's too much wiring in there for me to feel comfortable replacing the speakers myself. I have uprated speaker wire and a wiring kit for the amp etc so all the old crap is coming out (I'm going for quality of sound over quantity). I guess if there are rattles they will come out to play when everything is in there :-)
'91 405 Mi16x4
'74 Triumph TC2500
'98 Lotus Esprit GT3
'02 Mini Cooper S
Quote from: CaMnever feel bad about doing anything on here. you're admin, there are no rules. just ban simon before you do it.

red16v

200hp is a throttlebodies/squish/decked liners/megasquirt-haltech job. Am getting cams done with Peter Taylor at the moment, and he is gonna sort out the details for squish/decking im gonna get done by my engineer. Liners are the killer, if they dont take a hone and still fit the pistons, you can be in for a chunk of change to sort it out. but the  ones on my resto 16v were MINT, at 160000 miles, cos these XUJs are a work of art. i am aiming for 190-odd-HP for mine, with a haltech (peterTs recommendation, not mine), uprated oil cog and chain,squich, decking etc. And a full engine rebuild of course. we are talking a LOT of work, and a lot of money. Most estimate you wont have much change from $10k if a rebuilder does it, and i reckon theres at least $5k in parts/engineers costs alone-me and the old man will do the rest. Dont let it get you down tho, just letting you know what you are in for!!!!Get a good mechanic friend, good luck and DO IT! Ill race ya to see who gets theirs finished first!
The only thing better than one 16v: TWO 16vs...and a V6

1991 Red/Black BX 16v Phase1 D6C-projected into house.bugger
1991 Red BX 16v Phase2 D6C- restored
1998 Silver Xantia V6-family rocket

cammmy

Yeah, I'm not getting mine done until the insurance companies won't assasinate me for it. Will be a few years away. It's already had a rebuild so will get that done when it's due another.

I'm thinking supercharging for TORQUE!!!!!!!!!! could get the rego CHGD4B or something
'91 405 Mi16x4
'74 Triumph TC2500
'98 Lotus Esprit GT3
'02 Mini Cooper S
Quote from: CaMnever feel bad about doing anything on here. you're admin, there are no rules. just ban simon before you do it.

cammmy

Does the TC have leaf susp in the rear? Wikipedia said the 2000's have coils all round.

Where can you get lowering springs etc for a Triumph?
'91 405 Mi16x4
'74 Triumph TC2500
'98 Lotus Esprit GT3
'02 Mini Cooper S

CaM

coils all round. irs rear that gives epic camber at slam.
1959 Citroën ID19 Slough
1990 Peugeot 205Mi16

cammmy

sweet, any idea where I can get springs?
'91 405 Mi16x4
'74 Triumph TC2500
'98 Lotus Esprit GT3
'02 Mini Cooper S

cammmy

Yeah that think looks awesome. Might do that.
'91 405 Mi16x4
'74 Triumph TC2500
'98 Lotus Esprit GT3
'02 Mini Cooper S

CaM

you've gotta go custom. even if you can find them off the shelf you'll only get like 50mm slam.
1959 Citroën ID19 Slough
1990 Peugeot 205Mi16

lan_killa

Hey im Matt, I was at the FF camp last weekend, so figured Id join up and see what goes on here

Griffe

Hey buddy, welcome along!  What do you drive?
It's a workup

lan_killa

actually... nothing french, have a subaru and a mini, am a member on www.oldschool.co.nz

cammmy

Quote from: lan_killa on March 02, 2009, 10:09:26 AM
actually... nothing french, have a subaru and a mini, am a member on www.oldschool.co.nz

Welcome man. No frog but there's time yet to convert :-)
'91 405 Mi16x4
'74 Triumph TC2500
'98 Lotus Esprit GT3
'02 Mini Cooper S