• Welcome to www.fastfrogs.co.nz - Fast Frogs The NZ home for Fast French Cars .

Another Citroen Nutter

Started by Citinorbit, March 12, 2009, 09:51:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Citinorbit

Bonjour Fastfrogs,

I am a 'newby' - a french car nutter from way-back - and was introduced to Fastfrogs by an existing member of this fine organisation. Yours truly is interested  in most French cars and Citroen in particular. However, I do have fond memories of owning Peugeot 504's, Renault16TS's and a rather forlorn Dauphine.
My first Citroen was a 1963 Slough build ID19, and , as you will understand, it caused a life long interest in French cars. The habit continues to entail a couple of daily drivers and the usual collection of needy but deserving 'old timers', i.e., the ones you can't bear to part with for reasons only known to the 'initiated', and some which managed to remain without the knowledge of ' the other'.

Regards, Chris.

red16v

welcome!What you rolling in at present?
The only thing better than one 16v: TWO 16vs...and a V6

1991 Red/Black BX 16v Phase1 D6C-projected into house.bugger
1991 Red BX 16v Phase2 D6C- restored
1998 Silver Xantia V6-family rocket

Griffe

Welcome along to our fast little site that is fastfrogs!
It's a workup

CaM

oooohhhh you're the guy with the gs's's's's's form af?
choice

welcome to the board :D
1959 Citroën ID19 Slough
1990 Peugeot 205Mi16

mrc_1979

Carpentry

Welcome Chris!

I'm the guy who told you about the site, good to see you expressed an interest :)
Take it to Bishops

Goat

Citinorbit

Quote from: red16v on March 13, 2009, 08:21:26 AM
welcome!What you rolling in at present?

Gee, thanks for the welcome guys: registered and on the road are a BX TZD and a Xantia V6, and awaiting registration is a somewhat diabolical BX 16v. The TZD is the most frugal and reliable Cit I have ever owned and the V6 must be the most needy when $$$ and cents are being considered - 'the beast', however, does have some noteworthy character traits when it comes to driving it ,but its 'looks' and attitude have never moved me much. Recent projects include dismantling a 1963 Slough build ID19.
Bought my first Citroen in 1972 - a 1939 Twelve  (since fitted with an ID19 engine and original 3 speed gbox) - and I am happy to say that it is still alive and functioning! Its handling is still remarkable in this day and age. My home stretch has a number of tight bends causing the average boy racer in a 'rice burner' quite a bit of grief  when a 70 year old Citroen refuses to be left behind!!

CaM

15s are so cool, and you don't fully appreciate how awesome they are until you drive one for yourself!

do you have a few bits left of the '63?
1959 Citroën ID19 Slough
1990 Peugeot 205Mi16

Citinorbit

do have a range of spares for 62 - 66 D models available - supply, however, is 'slow motion' as parts are kept 250 k's from home-base......

red16v

ye probably know me old man by the sounds of it- terry f in masterton
The only thing better than one 16v: TWO 16vs...and a V6

1991 Red/Black BX 16v Phase1 D6C-projected into house.bugger
1991 Red BX 16v Phase2 D6C- restored
1998 Silver Xantia V6-family rocket

CaM

you'ree up in auckland i expect?
1959 Citroën ID19 Slough
1990 Peugeot 205Mi16

Citinorbit

Quote from: red16v on March 14, 2009, 11:03:27 PM
ye probably know me old man by the sounds of it- terry f in masterton

Yep, of course, Terry. Alzheimers hasn't as yet set in and, as far as I remember, Dunedin is still the place where people will find me.
We have had a bit of a Citroen influx of late as some Southerners have become obsessed with Trademe. Mind you, Northern Scarfies continue to deliver Cits to the City ......BX's, Xantia's, etc. - student loans, however, don't always stretch sufficiently to keep up with the usual expenses beyond the scarfies' social commitments............. If only one could find a partner willing to accept their respective spouse's eccentric notion of collecting them all......  collecting Cits, that is, not their wayward owners!

Regards, Chris de J.