• Welcome to www.fastfrogs.co.nz - Fast Frogs The NZ home for Fast French Cars .

i'm new first post

Started by dogs, August 08, 2009, 06:29:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dogs

hi real name Lars
love the web site and hello to all.
got a 205 GTi 1989 1.9ltr which i got from my bro its only dun 162000 kms in mint condition inside but got rear suspension problems on left side wheel when under load touches wheel arch on inside ,ie rubbing.
just love some advice on parts to fix, will do it myself and got a hanes book. but just need to know what i need to get and if any guys have dun the job befor advice cheers. :)

Goat

Welcome,

That wheel rub is reminiscent of my BX. It means the bushings on the rear arms have been flogged out, causing the whole arm/wheel to run negative camber. Its a piece of piss to remove/refit. Just need to get new bushes and push old ones out and press new ones in. Well, at least thats what i think it is. SOmeone correct me if i'm wrong..

red16v

Or its got the wrong width tyre on it ;D

Dont forget to LUBE everything when its getting replaced, and add grease nipples etc where you can. Pops put some holes in my rear wheel bearings which we can hoon some grease in regular like, which has a tiny self tapper in it. Works a treat, cuts wear down hugely.
The only thing better than one 16v: TWO 16vs...and a V6

1991 Red/Black BX 16v Phase1 D6C-projected into house.bugger
1991 Red BX 16v Phase2 D6C- restored
1998 Silver Xantia V6-family rocket

dogs

thanks guys.
its standard wheel width as running original 14inch tyrs seems to me who only has worked on Nissan and Toyota trucks that it is rubber bushes but was wondering if there was more of a problem causing the rubbing, or not stopping at top of run in suspension i just dont understand the pug 205 system as yet and Haynes book does not explain it well at all.
thanks for feed back and is there any dudes in hawks bay with pugs?

Goat

IF its the same as citroen ones. Which i assume it is. Then the bushes are some metal sleeved nylon numbers that are about 150mm long. The nylon flogs out causing the securing bolt to not run center through the swingarm. Giving camber. Which rubs in the upper realm of suspencion travel.

Carpentry

Sounds like the torsion bars need re-setting and new bearings put in the beam tube. You can do it in a day for about 100 bucks

Does it make any noises?
Take it to Bishops

hip205gti

Quote from: dogs on August 09, 2009, 08:12:45 PM
thanks guys.
its standard wheel width as running original 14inch tyrs seems to me who only has worked on Nissan and Toyota trucks that it is rubber bushes but was wondering if there was more of a problem causing the rubbing, or not stopping at top of run in suspension i just dont understand the pug 205 system as yet and Haynes book does not explain it well at all.

Hey Lars,
I'm in Napier and just got my first 205 gti...should try and catch up.
Cheers,
Mark
1989 Peugeot 205 GTi
1971 Peugeot 103 VS

BigPete

Quote from: dogs on August 09, 2009, 08:12:45 PM
thanks guys.

^ That is what your rear suspension will look like more or less. The trailing arms have fat shafts that run inside that tube on needle bearings which will likely resemble dust. Ideally you'd want a donor beam to replace the shafts as well. You can generally get them off granny-spec 306s cheaply and the shafts are the same as 205GTI. Granny-spec ones are also generally in better condition as they're softer sprung so move around more and self-lubricate better than GTI/S16/XSi etc.

dogs

thanks agian going to pull out and acess the situation and get the parts from pug dealer cheers heaps for photos as well.
yeah mark i'll be in touch.
no noise in suspension just the rubbing sound if corner to fast of tyre on wheel well wall.