• Welcome to www.fastfrogs.co.nz - Fast Frogs The NZ home for Fast French Cars .

Me and mine

Started by wazza1970, December 31, 2009, 02:47:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wazza1970

HI there well despite my problems I am still the proud owner of a 206 CC 2005, 2L Manual.  Love this car. love driving it (such a smooth ride) love the look of it and love its playability. Bbbbuutt am starting to feel despondent with my car and have been directed to this site by a trademe community message board person.  Reason why well here is the cut and paste from the message board - and it may be that its a simple problem but my car has spent more time in the last 3 months in the garage than with me anyway here we go

"Hi there I have a 206 CC 2005. Jumped in it this morning it started to turn and then everything died. Motor not turning but making ticking noise still had everything else radio, windows etc. Husband jumped it at lunchtime I left it running got in bout 15 mins later drove back to work left it till 5pm jumped in it made turning over noise didn't catch and then back to just tick tick noise. Husband had to come and jump it again. Recently had car serviced and have had nothing but probs since having just had to replace the entire clutch ($1400) and looking at having the gearbox bearings (I think) replaced - gearbox removed sent to Auckland then found out misquoted (went from 600 to 2K) so gearbox returned (without being done)then lost gears on open road needed new link another 200. and now this."

So fellow froggers you can probably see why I'm not liking my car much at mo and any advise, words of wisdom, words of encouragement would be great right now - cheers everyone and hey Happy New Year!!

Carpentry

Welcome along

Yeah sounds like pretty typical Peugeot problems (horrendous/expensive). They key is finding the right people to do it: Generally not a dealer ;)

Alot of parts can be swapped between models, so you might find that a reconditioned/second-hand gearbox or whatever will be a cheaper option. The first problem just sounds like a battery.

When your post count gets to 10, you can use the classifieds section to holler for a local mechanic that's familiar with Peugeots. Greg Kent Automotive and Dr. Diesel are two Auckland options
Take it to Bishops

IzzyRally

Sounds like your battery is stuffed. Also could have a current draw problem causing the battery to go flat when the car is switched off. As an Ex Peugeot technician I'll come right out and say it, if your not prepared to  spend the $$ I'd get rid of it. If and when the roof packs a sad you don't want to know how much that stuff will cost. If your in Auckland We (Dr Diesel) could take a looksee if your keen.