• Welcome to www.fastfrogs.co.nz - Fast Frogs The NZ home for Fast French Cars .

New member from Auckland

Started by greylux, February 21, 2010, 09:47:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kiwibrick

Quote from: Zealot on February 23, 2010, 06:15:03 PM

Geotechnical eh? Not Tonkin & Taylor or similar?

There's quite a bunch of engineers here now - Myself, V6Pete, Esprit... I think a few others also.

And another, I'm a structural engineer, residential mostly.
306 S16 6speed

greylux

Quote from: kiwibrick on February 23, 2010, 11:17:04 PM
Quote from: Zealot on February 23, 2010, 06:15:03 PM

Geotechnical eh? Not Tonkin & Taylor or similar?

There's quite a bunch of engineers here now - Myself, V6Pete, Esprit... I think a few others also.

And another, I'm a structural engineer, residential mostly.

Good to hear there are afew engineers out there.

We are a small family type business based in remuera, we also undertake architectural drafting and structural drafting as the other partner in the business is an architectural designer, and there are 4 drafts people.

So we do about 50% Residential and the rest would be commercial, structural deisgn work, geo etc. We also do crane/monorail design and certification, inlcluding lifting beams, c hooks etc.

Everyday is different which is great.

if anyone has any work they would like completed, alterations to their house / building or design check and certification on any buildings, lifting beams, c hooks monorails or gantries hit me up for the contact details.

always good to put yourself out there....

greylux

on another note....

my sister is looking at buying a car and we went and test drove this yesterday evening.

206 GTI, has a Superchip installed and a Remus 'Exhaust' (which im sure is just a tip/muffler and didnt make any difference to the noise of the thing, maybe just looks?)

great fun to drive and shes pretty keen on it so i think shes going to get it. (if the salesman agrees on a price)

Lord Page

Nice one, that car will be fast.  It has a cool number plate as well, maybe the car should be called Korey Boyd http://www.myspace.com/krazzyk61
Derek's don't run.

Peugeot Ludix Blaster - Malossi 70cc
Peugeot 406 HDi SW
Peugeot 206 GTi SW

aerorobnz

Quote from: greylux on February 24, 2010, 07:47:37 AM
on another note....

my sister is looking at buying a car and we went and test drove this yesterday evening.

206 GTI, has a Superchip installed and a Remus 'Exhaust' (which im sure is just a tip/muffler and didnt make any difference to the noise of the thing, maybe just looks?)

great fun to drive and shes pretty keen on it so i think shes going to get it. (if the salesman agrees on a price)

My stainless steel remus makes a way different noise to standard,and at the top of 4th and into 5th gear sounds like it's reaching V2 on takeoff....lol.  Mines on a RS 172, but remus are supposed to be a good exhaust brand for sound, so it surprises me that it it makes no difference on a 206.
You could search all your life for who you are, or you could accept the simple truth:You are what you drive - said by Porsche, but I'd rather be a Renaultsport...

greylux

to be honest i havn't heard a standard one...haha. it just seemed very quiet when reving and driving it around the lil area where i drove it. i didnt get over 80kph.

im used to my hilux which is a noisy POS.

BigPete

Quote from: greylux on February 24, 2010, 07:39:29 AM
if anyone has any work they would like completed, alterations to their house / building or design check and certification on any buildings, lifting beams, c hooks monorails or gantries hit me up for the contact details.

Giz contact details plz.

Zealot

Ahh. More civil engineers. Pete and I are of the breed of engineer who uses safety factors less than 20 ;)
[Nothing like a bit of cross-disciplinary rivalry ;D]

Mechatronics engineer here, working for a company doing autonomous forklifts.

I like the 206. I've also got a Remus exhaust, but it's 2 1/4" pipe the whole way off the downpipe and is rather loud. Not irritatingly so but I'd happily drop it a notch.

greylux

Quote from: V6Pete on February 24, 2010, 05:05:55 PM
Quote from: greylux on February 24, 2010, 07:39:29 AM

Giz contact details plz.

Hey Pete

Have sent you an email.

Cheers

Guy

BigPete

Imran

Quote from: Zealot on February 24, 2010, 07:17:30 PM
Ahh. More civil engineers. Pete and I are of the breed of engineer who uses safety factors less than 20 ;)

I like the 206. I've also got a Remus exhaust, but it's 2 1/4" pipe the whole way off the downpipe and is rather loud. Not irritatingly so but I'd happily drop it a notch.

Electrical and Computer Engineering is where it's at  ;) I have a remus exhaust on the 306 they were an option from factory i think? Autonomous forklifts? Are you working for Inro by any chance. Oh and staying on track welcome greylux!
Civil Disobedience is still disobedience.

greylux

Quote from: Zealot on February 24, 2010, 07:17:30 PM

Safety factors less than 20!!! you guys are living on the edge! haha.

Your remus exhaust, how many muffers/resonators does it have and does it have a cat? did it make much of a difference?

On my hilux i have headers, one muffler and 2 1/4 piping. its stupidly loud and it sluts me, but it was a make shift exhaust so i could get a cert and a wof, needs another muffler or reso to quieten it down, but there not a hell of a lot of space when it needs to be tucked up higher than the bottom of the chassis rails and the diff moves up past the chassi rail so it dumps just behind the cab.... ill sort it one day

took that 206 for another drive today, had afew scratches so i took it to my panelbeater.... turns out its been in a side collison, the bottom driver sil is a new piece and has been fixed in a mediocure way, not in a bad way, just in a way that he said dont buy it because it'll need money thrown at it later on.

my sister is all gutted but its for the best, she's still after a 206 gti though so we're sill on the hunt for a 'ressonably priced/good condition' one.

and thanks Imran for the welcome.

Zealot

Imran:
Yep, Inro.  EEE or CSE?

greylux:
Bummer re: the 206. It's probably for the best though - better to wait and find a genuinely good one. My exhaust has a rear muffler (with a slightly oversized tip... I didnt have many options though) and a central muffler where the catalytic converter used to be. It made zero difference in power - exhausts don't seem to do anything in that dept for peugeots (probably designed properly to start with), but certainly made a difference in noise. It used to have a fantastic loose baffle rattle at 2200rpm, which disappeared, and was replaced with generally more noise everywhere else :D

Imran

Quote from: Zealot on February 24, 2010, 10:31:56 PM
Imran:
Yep, Inro.  EEE or CSE?

Doing CSE eh. Nothing like the loose baffle rattle :D
Civil Disobedience is still disobedience.

cammmy

Quote from: greylux on February 24, 2010, 07:57:06 PM
took that 206 for another drive today, had afew scratches so i took it to my panelbeater.... turns out its been in a side collison, the bottom driver sil is a new piece and has been fixed in a mediocure way, not in a bad way, just in a way that he said dont buy it because it'll need money thrown at it later on.

Strewth! Good call on the taking it to the 'beater. If it was just a few scratches (and not really obvious) I mould have just used them in the haggeling process instead of having it checked :-\
'91 405 Mi16x4
'74 Triumph TC2500
'98 Lotus Esprit GT3
'02 Mini Cooper S
Quote from: CaMnever feel bad about doing anything on here. you're admin, there are no rules. just ban simon before you do it.