• Welcome to www.fastfrogs.co.nz - Fast Frogs The NZ home for Fast French Cars .

New pug buyer!

Started by NZ_Pug, July 14, 2010, 09:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CaM

doit

yeah they're lower specced but you can bring them up to lush capacity.
joe/goat's one has all the lush stuff now. his started off as a grubby auto low spec shitmobile.

1959 Citroën ID19 Slough
1990 Peugeot 205Mi16

pugMi

Quote from: NZ_Pug on July 15, 2010, 09:09:39 AM
Must say I expected a few rattles inside but whew! There are hundreds! ;D

;D they came as factory optional extras

Quote from: Eyebrows Mulligan on July 15, 2010, 11:20:14 AM
Quote from: KK-Kolonel on July 15, 2010, 11:04:07 AM
and an Mi16 motor anyway....

DON'T YOU DARE!!!

take one from an Mi16X4. no one likes those anyway :P/nah

cammmy

'91 405 Mi16x4
'74 Triumph TC2500
'98 Lotus Esprit GT3
'02 Mini Cooper S
Quote from: CaMnever feel bad about doing anything on here. you're admin, there are no rules. just ban simon before you do it.

pugMi

haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaw eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeehh haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaw eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeehh

NZ_Pug

I bet that breath is fragrant!

Less than a week I'm afraid  ;D

Maybe the smart thing to do is a full tune, pads and fluid, extinguisher, strip carpet etc (but not a full strip, still daily driven), seat & wheel then take it to the track and see how it goes. Don's build thread is good reading. Man I do love getting a new project!  ;D

cammmy

If heading to the track I would definately look at sump baffling first.

I would go in this order:

Full service
Sump baffling
Uprated tyres (possibly a set of track day tyres on trackday rims?)
Uprated pads and fluid

Ask the fast master but yeah, I would definately take care of the sump first.
'91 405 Mi16x4
'74 Triumph TC2500
'98 Lotus Esprit GT3
'02 Mini Cooper S
Quote from: CaMnever feel bad about doing anything on here. you're admin, there are no rules. just ban simon before you do it.

CaM

Quote from: Eyelashes Mulligan on July 15, 2010, 02:30:05 PM
If heading to the track I would definately look at sump baffling first.

I would go in this order:

Full service
Sump baffling
Uprated tyres (possibly a set of track day tyres on trackday rims?)
Uprated pads and fluid

Ask the fast master but yeah, I would definately take care of the sump first.

not wanting to start an arguement here, but:

I can understand the baffling of 16v engines that are used for track duties or epic fast roading. even then, it doesn't always help and/or the oil surge problem is often not even discovered on the stock item. it's not THAT much of a problem imo.

8v engines do not seem to have any problems in this regard. I know this from experience. On track, and on the road I've never had any problems. I don't think this man should be worried about a problem that wont present itself. It's a pretty big thing to sort out when it's not even needed. I could throw mine aroudn the taupo short track all day, cocking a rear wheel, and generally pushing as hard as I possibly could, and i never had a single issue.
1959 Citroën ID19 Slough
1990 Peugeot 205Mi16

cammmy

^ Cool.

It's just been pressed on me that with the 16v you absolutely have to look at baffling the sump before hitting the track. I just figured that the 8v would be similar but if not then sweet.

Baffling isn't that big of a deal for the kind of setup I have done, pretty cheap too.
'91 405 Mi16x4
'74 Triumph TC2500
'98 Lotus Esprit GT3
'02 Mini Cooper S

NZ_Pug

Thanks for bringing it up. Not too keen to trash my motor on the first track day.....but it is going to be an often used trackday car, especially with all the open days Hampton Downs is having.

Working on some track tires and wheels atm (prob. Pirelli P6000 for my first day as I've got access to some v cheap, then R888's), and will be in touch with racebrakes.co.nz for their package 4 setup. Also considering an oil cooler & stripped a/c for first day.

Out of interest, Eyelashes Mulligan did you baffle a 16v or 8v? How did you setup? Point me to a thread if their is one.

Cheers

CaM

I just made a moderating faux pas. sorry. I'm an IT guru it would seem
Cammy posted a link ( http://www.fastfrogs.co.nz/index.php/topic,4015.195.html ) among other things.
I don't want to be a nazi but i think talking of baffling sumps on 8vs is unwarranted, as in, there's little to no point. Make a tech thread if you'd like more opinions and stuff but I think you should try not to get confused on the stuff that doesn't matter.

Welcome aboard, again. I didn't want to delete posts and stuff in here but I think we've got a little carried away for an intro thread.
cheers
Cam
1959 Citroën ID19 Slough
1990 Peugeot 205Mi16

Pee Dubbaya

Also, change gearknob & pedals asap please tnx
Current: Peugeot 205 GTI 16v  +  504 (Project)

Previous: Peugeot 106 Rallye (S1), 205 GTI Mi16, 206 GTI 180, 306 S16 (Ph1) & GTI-6 (Ph2) & GTI (Ph3), 309 GTI 16v, 405 Mi16 & SRDT x2, 406 HDi, 504 GL & 504 Break                     Citroën ID19, BX TZD, Xantia 2.0

pugMi

:D thats just blatant vandalism...

2052NV

mean another 205!

there sooo much fun on the track and cam is rite no baffling needed on 8v. been to many track days with mine and never had a problem with it!

your going the rite way aswell by sorting tyres and brakes FIRST!. Im rolling p6000's at the mo and there a good tyre very progressive at limit but i think i have destroyed them now as i did this to them 3 times  :D

still rolling with 5mm tread left FTW.

What are you looking at doing/planning for your brakes??

BigPete

What the hell is 'Package 4'?

205s weigh bugger all and brakes from some larger Peugeots bolt up so there's no real neccesity to spend megabucks on brakes.

NZ_Pug

Quote from: Renick on July 15, 2010, 05:44:27 PM
Also, change gearknob & pedals asap please tnx

Don't worry about that there already changed  ;D Besides those crimes the car is pretty much standard save exhaust and (a very dirty) pod filter.

Re brakes:

"Summary. For around the five hundred dollar mark, RACEBRAKES 0800BRAKES can set up your existing brake system to a point where we can guarantee that you will not outdrive your brakes on the road or on the track. This is what we call a Package 4 upgrade and consists of a front and rear friction and fluid upgrade. Package 4 Front and rear friction and fluid upgrade $450 - $600"

Read the novel under "brake upgrades information pack" @ www.racebrakes.co.nz/competition.shtml

All that said I went for a spirited drive last night and with the new front rotors the car has it's brakes are great for road use.

Thanks 2052NV, perhaps I'll save the Pirelli's for road tires and wait to get some R888's or similar before going to the track. Have you had any issues with cooling at the track?

*Cam please let me know if I shouldn't ask that q in here and should start a new thread. Want to be a rule-abider on the forum.

Cheers