• Welcome to www.fastfrogs.co.nz - Fast Frogs The NZ home for Fast French Cars .

Hello to a forum I should have been active in earlier

Started by sanji, August 03, 2010, 11:16:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sanji

First heard about this place a few years back and visited lurked every so often. Although never participated. I was bloody tempted to after someone stuffed a flyer for the forum on my car when I lived in Campbell Road about two years ago (I trust they weren't the same person who tried to pop the lock on the door  :D ).
Bloody nice white GTi that one I see around Greenlane, gives me some inspiration of what I should/need to do. The body on that looks fantastic, hardly a ripple.

Anyway, have owned a 205 GTi in some form for the last 10 years. Gone through 4*, of which 2 have been road legal at some such time. I am down to one at the moment, which sadly is not road legal. But after recently having one of the 205's stolen (after it had been reduced to a secondary car) I have gotten the bug back into me the last remaining one restored and to be something special. I had taken it for granted, and I regret it now.

*  In order of purchase
1989 1.9 Japan spec
1990 1.9 Euro spec NZ new
1989 1.9 Euro spec (bought for parts but has been idle for the last 4-5 years since the engine in it is good. 'Project' car)
1986 1.6 NZ new (bought for parts)

k-trips

Welcome mate - the white 205 is most likely 2052NV (AKA Rob) - its immaculate..

His build thread is here http://www.fastfrogs.co.nz/index.php/topic,256.0.html

Chuck up a build thread - and as soon as you get 10 posts you will have access to for sale/wanted sections.. :-)
[]V[] []Ξ //-\\ []\[]
Quote from: CaMYou can't motorboat a surfboard

CaM

Gidday

welcome :)

shame your beast got pinched. hopefully it was a one off!

1959 Citroën ID19 Slough
1990 Peugeot 205Mi16

Griffe

It's a workup

sanji

Quote from: KK-Kolonel on August 04, 2010, 08:55:45 AM
Welcome mate - the white 205 is most likely 2052NV (AKA Rob) - its immaculate..

Yeah, that is definitely the one I am referring to based on the license plate/

2052NV

yea that would have been me putting the card on your car. I live up the rd at Te Kawa. did you car get stolen on campbell rd?!? if so that's worrying. Never thought anyone would bother stealing a 205 in nz haha. left mine on the rd with the sunroof fully open for like 2 days and no one touched it  :o got pretty wet inside though (bloody auckland weather)

sanji

Nah, it was pretty safe on Campbell Road. Although I had it parked on Miro (street off Campbell Rd) and someone took a screw driver to the door but seemed unsuccessful in getting into it and gave up (they were probably more interested in stealing the stereo to be honest).

It was later stolen off Walls St in Oranga/Penrose after I had left it parked there for a few weeks. Stolen either for a joy ride or for more nefarious activity (they switched the plates from off a Holden Barina onto it and then took my old plates with them when they dumped it).