• Welcome to www.fastfrogs.co.nz - Fast Frogs The NZ home for Fast French Cars .

Hello fast frogs gang..

Started by beatrixquiddo, August 23, 2010, 05:03:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

beatrixquiddo

This is my Gti which i purchased off a friend not too long ago..

Having some idling problems but other than that its a blast to drive! hope I can find solutions to problems and hook ups for parts on here..

Esprit

Welcome! :)

I'm sure one of the 205 Enthusiasts will be in here shortly to make themselves known... a wealth of info in here! :)
'99 306 GTi6
'01 Exige S1

Goat

Hello, welcome, where are you located?

I can pretty much gaurentee that the lack of idle will be due to vacuum leaks. All the hoses crack and let in air and it dunst like that...

beatrixquiddo

Hey, Im in Auckland.

A mechanic I took it to said he found that manifold hadnt been properly put back and was missing some bolts ??? ::) and that he had to change the temperature sensor. This has helped a great deal, buts still frequently dropping out.

The car also had no air filter when I purchased it and I have bunged a cheap one on for the time being, Im guessing this has played a part?
I will check out the condition of the pipes when I get a chance though, this is a common problem yeah?

CaM

very common.
also if you're savvy, pull the throttle body off and check that the idle port is clean, set the tps correctly, and it'll probably idle quite nicely.

having an idle around 1200rpm isn't out of the ordinary on these either, btw. lower than that can cause them to stall coz the injection system being fairly archaic, and the gtis having a fairly lumpy cam as standard makes things a bit pressed
1959 Citroën ID19 Slough
1990 Peugeot 205Mi16

pugMi

hello. welcome. thats a tidy tewohfive. that is all

you wont get parts for it mate

i had this prob with my 309. spray eather/start you bastard around air flow meter and tubing. if the revs jump up theres a vacuum leak. fix the one you can find then keep doing it. lol. mite take a while. welcome.

beatrixquiddo

Cheers for advice guys, was just reading some similar info elsewhere in this forum. So its good to be here! Hopefully will get a chance to check it out this weekend! 8)