• Welcome to www.fastfrogs.co.nz - Fast Frogs The NZ home for Fast French Cars .

Howdy

Started by voldo, September 22, 2010, 10:51:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

voldo

Hi Guys & Gals,

My name is Rob and I'm joining up because I am interested in getting a BX for the mrs (so I have an excuse to drive it). She loves Citroen's and plans to get a DS when she has some money.
After a GTi or 16v really, hopefully can learn a bit more about them here.

Cheers

CaM

hey bud.
there's a wealth of info here. lots of smack talking, and a few familiar faces to you.

if you're after a D, there's a shitload of them down your ways, especially ones needing a resto..

if you'd settle for a non gti bx, there's a guy on here whom I believe may be looking to shift his, and it is ball tearingly mint IMO. with that you could build it up to gti spec fairly easily. there's parts aplenty around here.
1959 Citroën ID19 Slough
1990 Peugeot 205Mi16

k-trips

Hey broe..

As you may know/will find out there are/will be a couple for sale at the mo/soon.

Awatt has a minter in Tauranga but I understand that just this morning he has picked up a wag in Chch of trademe - so depending on how it happens you could get his one and do a swap of whips in Picton or something..

Also Kevlights has a very tidy GTi (8V) that is Auto but you are a competent fella and a conversion won't take much - there is some clever froggers down that way that could help even..

Hurry up and do 10 posts already so you can check out the for sale freds..  ;D
[]V[] []Ξ //-\\ []\[]
Quote from: CaMYou can't motorboat a surfboard

red16v

^i will have a BX GTI available soon, she isnt mint by a long stretch, but she should haul ass, as the compression is through the roof.

She was missing on one cylinder, turned out to be bad maintenance, and the camlobe ground off due to no oil-fail. So she now has reset valve clearances and a spanky new camshaft,thanks to my old man.

Will have new cambelt, oil,water/antifreeze, flushed cooling system, sorted hydraulics, tidied engine bay, new oil filler hose, restored-ish interior, good tyres, and a new stereo.

Her sunroof is seized,and cant be assed repairing it, so will have a permanently fixed one instead.

She will make a great daily/first car, nothing else.

http://www.fastfrogs.co.nz/index.php/topic,5076.0.html
The only thing better than one 16v: TWO 16vs...and a V6

1991 Red/Black BX 16v Phase1 D6C-projected into house.bugger
1991 Red BX 16v Phase2 D6C- restored
1998 Silver Xantia V6-family rocket

Goat

voldo

You guys are just too nice.

Where are you in NZ red16v? Could be very interested.

Think 16v will have to be a conversion.

k-trips

He is in Welly bro..

I can drop it to your Dads house until you come up if you like..
[]V[] []Ξ //-\\ []\[]
Quote from: CaMYou can't motorboat a surfboard

red16v

better wait till we get her running-the cambelt will go back on Friday, and hopefully all the other junk too, and she will be great.

Or she will be shit, and need muchos more work.

Oh, and she is getting new CV boots, and powersteering boots as well.

voldo

Cool as.

Out of interest, how do able is a mi16 conversion on them?

CaM

finding a motor's the easy bit. from there you need different piping for the pump, and a loom that'll run the engine as the 8v run a different injection setup.

the rest's just a mix and match to get it right.
definitely easier to buy a 16v. the 8v ones are plenty fun, though.
1959 Citroën ID19 Slough
1990 Peugeot 205Mi16

voldo

Yeah i'm sure the 8v's are still good fun. Just have dreams of 16v as I can imagine it would actually be a pretty quick daily and super lush too.

CaM

kepp an eye out, they do pop up semi frequently.
and yeah, they're pretty quick for what they are.
the fact that you can hammer them flat out over any road is pretty cool. mid corner bumps and shit now affecting them is mind blowingly cool
1959 Citroën ID19 Slough
1990 Peugeot 205Mi16

red16v

the on eon trademe would be mint, but not really a daily, but hey, they drive better for being driven!