• Welcome to www.fastfrogs.co.nz - Fast Frogs The NZ home for Fast French Cars .

New Member. Nick Webster

Started by NXRIDE, August 03, 2011, 09:56:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NXRIDE

Hey, I probably know a few people on here already, Im Nick Webster, My dad runs the Alpine A110 in Targa.

I have recently acquired a bit of a project, a Renault 4 Forgonnette. Yes the little van thing, its quite rusty but still good enough to learn how to restore a car but not precious enough to be too worried about ruining  it.

With Dad we have a large number of Peugeot 106's and as such we are usually referred to as the 106 parts stockist for Auckland haha.

Im sure most of you are already aware of the french car craziness of my family so I dont have to go too far into that.

I will probably asking for parts and advice for my R4 build, but I can also provide a wealth of knowledge for anyone with a 106.

Cheers,

Nick

cammmy

Welcome along. Pics of the van please!

That Alpine is sooooooooooo sweet.
'91 405 Mi16x4
'74 Triumph TC2500
'98 Lotus Esprit GT3
'02 Mini Cooper S
Quote from: CaMnever feel bad about doing anything on here. you're admin, there are no rules. just ban simon before you do it.

k-trips

Hope its going to end up something like this....

The project headed by Les Triplettes de Bonneville aims to celebrate the car's 50th anniversary with an unlikely version of the Renault 4 F4 on the legendary salt lake at Bonneville in the USA, in August 2011

he base: Renault 4 Fourgonnette (R4F4) from 1983

Chassis:

Original chassis, modified at the front to fit a specific gearbox (on the basis of the Renault 21 Turbo and Renault 25 GTX gearboxes)

- Running gear: specific hub carriers and suspension uprights
- Suspension: specific.
- Bodywork: original bodywork with wings and bonnet adapted
- Weight: approx. 720kg

Engine and gearbox

Source: Renault 5 Turbo in French Championship set-up, based on 1983 production vehicles

- Power: 290 hp
- Positioning: same as original engine
- Gearbox: specific, based on Renault 21 Turbo and Renault 25 GTX gearboxes
- Brakes: Renault 25 (front) and Clio 2 (rear).

[]V[] []Ξ //-\\ []\[]
Quote from: CaMYou can't motorboat a surfboard

Slifer

Quote from: NXRIDE on August 03, 2011, 09:56:04 AM
Hey, I probably know a few people on here already, Im Nick Webster, My dad runs the Alpine A110 in Targa.

I have recently acquired a bit of a project, a Renault 4 Forgonnette. Yes the little van thing, its quite rusty but still good enough to learn how to restore a car but not precious enough to be too worried about ruining  it.

With Dad we have a large number of Peugeot 106's and as such we are usually referred to as the 106 parts stockist for Auckland haha.

Im sure most of you are already aware of the french car craziness of my family so I dont have to go too far into that.

I will probably asking for parts and advice for my R4 build, but I can also provide a wealth of knowledge for anyone with a 106.

Cheers,

Nick

Welcome along Nick, Please put pics up of the fourgonnette.

Also 106 parts you say? I will be keen most definitely as my 106 is up for wof soon and likely to fail on a few things.
1997 106 GTi

Bennny

CaM

wow! welcome along.

please post some pics of your van in the project section. very interested in seeing your progress!
1959 Citroën ID19 Slough
1990 Peugeot 205Mi16

Biff Tannen

hey man welcome im going to watch your project with anticipation! might hit you up soon i need everything to turn my 3 stud citroen in to a 4 stud 106 hybrid so i can get bigger better tyres.......... :)
Slogan: "Vous êtes mon soulmate".
Picture: Biff up to his balls in Pugmi!

Pee Dubbaya

Hai Nick & welcome along. Please say hi to your Dad for me, we (Fastfrogs) have acquired a couple more Rallyes that he may or may not know about... I've had been meaning to put them in touch but hadn't got around to it.
Look forward to watching the Renault 4 project!
Current: Peugeot 205 GTI 16v  +  504 (Project)

Previous: Peugeot 106 Rallye (S1), 205 GTI Mi16, 206 GTI 180, 306 S16 (Ph1) & GTI-6 (Ph2) & GTI (Ph3), 309 GTI 16v, 405 Mi16 & SRDT x2, 406 HDi, 504 GL & 504 Break                     Citroën ID19, BX TZD, Xantia 2.0

NXRIDE

Thanks, guys,

Yea, I saw that Bonneville spec Forgonnette on Speedhunters, That will be a big inspiration, I really need to fins a gear box that will suit a 1565 motor.

Il Take a few pics this afternoon while I still have my mates DSLR, its not looking that nice at the moment, im still waiting to sell one of our cars so we can re arrange everything and get it in the shed.

BTW, anyone want a 306 XSI 5 speed 3 door, good condition except for 2 rust holes in the roof either side of the sunroof. Reg on hold. bout 160-170k on the clock iirc. $1000 takes it away and helps me get my project underway.

If you want 106 bits call my Dad, Donald 0274 367 605