• Welcome to www.fastfrogs.co.nz - Fast Frogs The NZ home for Fast French Cars .

Vive la fromage!

Started by keltik, September 25, 2011, 10:53:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

keltik

Hi, new here etc.  Standard greetings to all.

Have haunted many corners of the internet for years.  Some of you may remember me from forums such as the ultimate subaru board, subtalk and oldschool.  Although this is unlikely since none of those discuss french cars.

So what brings me here?  Someone convinced me to buy a Peugeot 405....and im willing to bet i'll need help/advice to make it road legal and quick.

About me in 5 easy to read bullet points;

• knows where the bullet point button is
  • has owned a million and four Subarus of varying vintage
  • can swing a spanner with the best of them and has excellent knowledge of efi systems
  • runs a hifi store in Whakatane
  • has absolutely no idea why 99% of the things in a 405 are designed the way they are

Please feel free to flick me an email if ever you need any help with Subarus or A/V gear..  Im happy to help in those fields ;)

My motto:  Dont ever tell me something cant be done, tell me its expensive, tell me its hard, tell me its a stupid idea - but dont ever tell me its impossible, because anything can be accomplished with a large enough bank balance.
'80 Hilux 4x4
'02 Subaru GT30

Biff Tannen

welcome welcome welcome i think you will find this forum entertaining and completely insane half the time ...
and yes i will be pming you re hifi gear woop woop
Slogan: "Vous êtes mon soulmate".
Picture: Biff up to his balls in Pugmi!

CaM

1959 Citroën ID19 Slough
1990 Peugeot 205Mi16

cammmy

So you bought Cam's Mi? Sweet. How's the interior? I have most of one that will go in the skip if no one wants it.
'91 405 Mi16x4
'74 Triumph TC2500
'98 Lotus Esprit GT3
'02 Mini Cooper S
Quote from: CaMnever feel bad about doing anything on here. you're admin, there are no rules. just ban simon before you do it.

keltik

Chur for the offer, interior isnt a big problem since most of it will be removed in the name of weight saving.  This thing will be my new track hack.
Plan is to turn this;

Into this;

Could probably get away with plastering audio brands all over it and making my suppliers pay half.  My last track build was a total failure in that it didnt go round corners.  Im hoping for better results this time.
'80 Hilux 4x4
'02 Subaru GT30

cammmy

Sweet. I soooooo want some Compomotive MO5's!!!!!!!111!1!1
'91 405 Mi16x4
'74 Triumph TC2500
'98 Lotus Esprit GT3
'02 Mini Cooper S
Quote from: CaMnever feel bad about doing anything on here. you're admin, there are no rules. just ban simon before you do it.

BigPete

Lush. Glad it went to a good home. Can you make me one too?

pcrauto

Welcome aboard. Sure that will handle the turns better than most. I'm at the mount if you need localish advice ;D

sexyBerlingo

there wasa 405 that used to race in nz 2litre tourers many years ago.

yip