• Welcome to www.fastfrogs.co.nz - Fast Frogs The NZ home for Fast French Cars .

Hi There, Newbie Here cool site :~) Question Pls?

Started by Girlwithpug, February 16, 2011, 08:38:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alfashark

In your photobucket album, move your mouse over the thumbnail images and underneath it'll say Share/Copy... Underneath that there's 2 little boxes, one called HTML and the other IMG, just right click on the IMG link and it'll say "copied" then come back to here, right click and paste :)
Death is caused by swallowing small amounts of saliva over a long period of time.

BigPete

Girlwithpug

Thanks for all your help sorry I didnt come back and load it .  Im not that good at taken pics  Im not that  techo .
Todays Safety Tip - When on a ladder dont step back to admire your work

you wont get parts for it mate

ive seen tht around. used to live at the coffee place on waterfront

Girlwithpug

Yeap thats who I bought it off, the coffee guy who worked at that coffee place on the waterfront.

Goat

Shit yes. That's choice.

Get some widened steels for it. Drop the back a couple of teeth on the tortions and get some dropped springs for the front. Will be sinister

CaM

love it!
looks like zero prep was done before painting it. wash it with thinners and it'll probably go back to red lol.

1959 Citroën ID19 Slough
1990 Peugeot 205Mi16

Girlwithpug

Cheers Goat , Um we have 3 to 4 people in it the tyres rub on the guards at the back of it.  It had some toyos on it before  and they were a lower profile and didn't rub.
  I am looking for a left hand front shock for it  at the mo.

Yeah Cam I reckon it would take to much to turn it Red.  LOL *Buys 3 bottles of Thinners*  haha

IzzyRally

Hay welcome along Brezze. It was me you dealt with at Dr Diesel. Don Simon/Fastmaster was in England at the time. Feel free to pop down any time.

Zealot

If the GTs use the same front struts/shocks as the GTIs I have a pair which were rebuilt by Autolign about 4 years ago.

Girlwithpug

Quote from: IzzyRally on February 19, 2011, 03:08:12 PM
Hay welcome along Brezze. It was me you dealt with at Dr Diesel. Don Simon/Fastmaster was in England at the time. Feel free to pop down any time.

Cheers for the welcome Izzy I will pop down and see yah as I dont know what things are called yet . I think it the shock as it as a boot cover that spilt but now it making a noise I have to replace it. Think I was told it was a shock . "Doh"

Girlwithpug

Quote from: Goat on February 19, 2011, 12:23:52 AM
Shit yes. That's choice.

Get some widened steels for it. Drop the back a couple of teeth on the tortions and get some dropped springs for the front. Will be sinister
Im so green didnt understand much of that 'Oh The Shame'  Widened steels? Rims? or Wider where the tyres rub, like get the guards rolled out ?  Teeth on the What? I think the next bit was lower the front . Oh and it will look mean. Tehehe

Girlwithpug

Quote from: Zealot on February 19, 2011, 03:19:17 PM
If the GTs use the same front struts/shocks as the GTIs I have a pair which were rebuilt by Autolign about 4 years ago.

Hi There thanks for your reply , I have to find out and get back to you as I know Jack Sh*t lol .

Goat

Quote from: Girlwithpug on February 19, 2011, 04:32:58 PM
Quote from: Goat on February 19, 2011, 12:23:52 AM
Shit yes. That's choice.

Im so green didnt understand much of that 'Oh The Shame'  Widened steels? Rims? or Wider where the tyres rub, like get the guards rolled out ?  Teeth on the What? I think the next bit was lower the front . Oh and it will look mean. Tehehe
Haha. All good, we have out own, convoluted lingo on here... haha

Steel wheels (the ones that use hubcaps) on a 205gr are narrower than the alloys that you have on yours at the moment. So getting some of them widened to the same width of the alloy, and then running a narrow tyre allows it to sit lower without the tyres rubbing on the guards. Like so:

Sexyberlingo may enjoy that pic

The part about teeth is to do with lowering the back. Peugeots dont have springs in the back. they have a rod that goes from one side to the other. This sits into the things the wheels attatch to via a spline. If you take this rod out and turn it and put it back into its splines a couple of teeth out, it lowers the back of the car. Like so:

And also, it jsut realised this is actually a gt not a gti. So i have some front struts for one of these in stock which you can have. Were just going to go to the scrappy anyway. Don't know how i'd get it to auckland though.

Can give to someone at fast camp to take back to auckland. Which will be towards end of march. If thats not too late