• Welcome to www.fastfrogs.co.nz - Fast Frogs The NZ home for Fast French Cars .

Intro

Started by 306 S16, February 27, 2011, 10:11:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

306 S16

Did you install new ARB drop links or 2nd hand? I gotta look around for some parts in Dunedin. Anyone on here know of anywhere?

k-trips

Have a look around the parts drop box etc - a lot of stuff is covered - also EML in Auckland is really helpful and well priced
[]V[] []Ξ //-\\ []\[]
Quote from: CaMYou can't motorboat a surfboard

Bennny

I got new ones that cost me about $120 I think.
got them from partmaster in lower hutt.
If you struggle down there I can get them and post them down to you.
Check it out though, if you jack front end up and give em a wiggle you'll be
able to tell if there slogged. Or grab either front wheel while it's on ground and pull/push
rigerously and when car shakes you'll hear it knock.

306 S16

Sweet, I'll have a look tomorrow. 99% sure the noise is front drivers side. You got a 306 too?

Bennny

Yea red 2000 phase 3 gti6.
There's a pic of it in my introduction.

306 S16

Sweet pug mate. Also awesome Sud!! I currently trying to talk my missus into an Alfa 156 manual but she not having any of it. Apparently 3 cars is enough...

Puglet

I've had some success with Southern European, just don't go there if you need engine mounts.

Bennny

Thanks mate.

Yea the sud looks quite cool with my home made chin wing and shit.
Yea I'm back down to 3 now I've sold ute. :'(

306 S16

Yeah it's a boxer engine in the Sud ay? 1500cc or something. Cool little cars. I'm a Suby guy so I like other cars with flat engines. They quite interesting/frustrating to work on. Had to do any rust in it? Think they're quite prone to that.

Bennny

Yea that's right.
come in a couple sizes 1.5-1.7.
That one has a 1.5 in it but I also have a worked motor from my old sud
in the garage. Yea mate done some rust and there's a couple more bits hiding away to be done.