• Welcome to www.fastfrogs.co.nz - Fast Frogs The NZ home for Fast French Cars .

Hello from Wellington! (and yes my middle name actually is Carman)

Started by jamesthefrogman, March 31, 2011, 12:50:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jamesthefrogman

Quote from: козёл on March 31, 2011, 04:25:55 PM
^ My life story right there

Haha. I'm curious, what did the salamander do to you? Or is it too painful to talk about?

Haha. Good one cammmy. Feel free to make your own story up from the words.  ;D
1998 Citroen Xsara
(1905cc Turbo Diesel)

cammmy

Quote from: jamesthecarman on March 31, 2011, 04:39:12 PM
Haha. I'm curious, what did the salamander do to you? Or is it too painful to talk about?

Fucker ran off with his mrs
'91 405 Mi16x4
'74 Triumph TC2500
'98 Lotus Esprit GT3
'02 Mini Cooper S
Quote from: CaMnever feel bad about doing anything on here. you're admin, there are no rules. just ban simon before you do it.

Goat

jamesthefrogman

Wow, taking it to another level cammy.  :o

Pretty cool that on an obscure car site, we've managed to throw in two obscure animals. The Salamander and the polecat.

Here's a polecat:

Now all we need is some pygmy marmoset monkey's.

On another note, here's a link to some obscure animals. cammy and козёл, eat your hearts out. http://www.uglorable.com/category/animal-alphabet/
1998 Citroen Xsara
(1905cc Turbo Diesel)

cammmy

Quote from: козёл on March 31, 2011, 04:54:34 PM
I should ban you for that...

Prob should TBH. Was a rush job as i wanted to GTFO of work so I didn't miss my train.
'91 405 Mi16x4
'74 Triumph TC2500
'98 Lotus Esprit GT3
'02 Mini Cooper S
Quote from: CaMnever feel bad about doing anything on here. you're admin, there are no rules. just ban simon before you do it.

BigPete

Goat

Quote from: jamesthecarman on March 31, 2011, 05:12:36 PM

Pretty cool that on an obscure car site, we've managed to throw in two obscure animals. The Salamander and the polecat.

Polecat is:

• not obscure
  • not an animal

Polecat is a way of life

Bennny

Quote from: Pee Dubbaya on March 31, 2011, 03:23:28 PM
Welcome along matey. We like beer  ;D

Drinking this is an activity right? ???

Welcome to ff and also lets do some activities/get drunk some time ;D

Where abouts in uppers do you work?

Bennny

Quote from: jamesthecarman on March 31, 2011, 04:39:12 PM

Is this an xoxoxoxolotttle/mexican walking fish?
WANT ONE! unfortunately it would eat my sons goldfish, HMMM small price don't ya think haha.

MYRUSH

Just about to head to bed and I see this. Great. Going to have fricken nightmares of this munching at my face.
Present:
Pug 106 XSi 1.6
Pug 106 Rallye S1
BMW M5 E60 V10
Pug 306 Cabrio 2.0

Past:
Pug 406 Sedan
2x Pug 406 V6 Sedan
Pug 406 V6 Coupe
Pug 205 GTi 1.9
4x Pug 106 XSi 1.6
Pug 106 Diesel

MYRUSH

Present:
Pug 106 XSi 1.6
Pug 106 Rallye S1
BMW M5 E60 V10
Pug 306 Cabrio 2.0

Past:
Pug 406 Sedan
2x Pug 406 V6 Sedan
Pug 406 V6 Coupe
Pug 205 GTi 1.9
4x Pug 106 XSi 1.6
Pug 106 Diesel

jamesthefrogman

Quote from: BigPete
Quote from: jamesthecarman
But zere's not really any French beers that I know of
3 Monts. It will ruin you.

Ooh nice. I have vaguely heard of that one.

It's 8.5%, which may ruin most. But I'm a seasoned Belgian beer drinker, I should be fine.
(Mostly because I stop when I've had 3. Maybe 4... Ah hell, I can have another. Hiccup. at the 5th?... Slur. Maybe 6... Stumble. Maybe 7...Ruined on 8. That's my guestimate.) And I might think sheep look attractive after 9.

Oh, I noticed it's from the Flanders region of France. Which is the Dutch speaking part of right next to Belgium and Holland. I'm definitely going to have to try this stuff. (Now, Dutch drinks, blah. Oranjeboom's alright. Heineken is (rolls eyes), Heineken. Hollandia? It's crap, but it's not from Holland :-)

Quote from: PUG406Just about to head to bed and I see this. Great. Going to have fricken nightmares of this munching at my face.

Hahaha. Awesome. Good to know someone found that link in the small type (a personal favourite by the way. I love adding in little 'subliminal' messages, that kind of take things a step further. But with most ya have to copy and paste to see what it says. Bit of work, but hopefully it pays off.)

I didn't see that thing at first when I was on that site. Found it b/c of that cute lil Salamander that Benny wants to xoxoxox. It's a Lamprey, and it's a fish!? :-o I thought it was a parasite when I saw the picture.

Quote from: Is this an xoxoxoxolotttle/mexican walking fish?
WANT ONE!

I thought this was a car enthusiast forum? While I do agree, he's rather cute, it sounds like you have unnatural desires for this axolotl. In all seriousness though, it's rather impressive you knew what it was, just from the picture. And the spelling, well, it was pretty close. Take out a few xoxoxoxo's and it's pretty close!

Have you heard of Richard Gere and his gerbils? pretty sure it was a hoax. But the legend has lived on.

Anyway, this is what the site says about him (same site that the fish above is from):

Quote from: http://www.uglorable.com/category/animal-alphabet/
The axolotl is a neotenic species of salamander, a salamander that does not go through metamorphosis. While it resembles the texas cave salamander that the BBC's Planet Earth made famous, the two are not closely related, the texas cave salamander coming from a lungless family of salamanders. The axolotl does have lungs, but part of the resemblance between the two species comes from their external gills that they retain as adults.

Axolotls are critically endangered in the wild, being only native to two lakes, one of which has been drained by humans to prevent flooding. Despite their status as a critically endangered, they are kept as pets and used by scientists, largely because they are easy to breed.

And you can keep them in tanks. One site said you can get them here: http://www.caudata.org/ Not sure if they'd ship to NZ though. If you do end up getting one, I really don't want to know what you'll do with it. I am tempted to remake that paragraph talking about you, a salamander, and some goats in a bar, possibly playing poker.)

Maybe in future years, tests will have this question:

Richard Gere is to Gerbil as:
Benny is to ________

The answer being the Axolotl of course.
1998 Citroen Xsara
(1905cc Turbo Diesel)

jamesthefrogman

Quote from: Bennny on March 31, 2011, 09:34:56 PM
Quote from: Pee Dubbaya on March 31, 2011, 03:23:28 PM
Welcome along matey. We like beer  ;D

Drinking this is an activity right? ???

Welcome to ff and also lets do some activities/get drunk some time ;D

Where abouts in uppers do you work?

Oh yeah, all the excitement about the axolotle (I don't think I spelled that right), forgot to reply to ya properly.

I work at an animal vaccine place on the south side. Just down the road from the French Car Parts place :-)

Sounds like I might see ya on the 15th if your at the 21st!

Oh, and I did say I was tempted to change the russian word translation for you and the Salamander. I don't resist temptations much. But, it's so utterly dirty, that it's all going in subliminal print. Copy and paste, if you dare. (and of course I mean no offense by it  ;D Just having fun with interesting words. And enjoying making up a story. Maybe too much)

See Benny Run. See Benny Sit. See Benny take a Salamander and...whoa! What was he doing with his asshole on that blockhead? And what's that he-goat doing to that billy-goat? Oh geez. This is disgusting. This is 2 girls one cup worthy. Now he's got a bear lined up behind a buck, lined up behind a goat. And he's milking the sow. Not with his hands....oh no. Tell me, please tell me, that's not his mum coming into the room. Oh geeze. Oh, this, is, sick. That mother lover.
1998 Citroen Xsara
(1905cc Turbo Diesel)

cammmy

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA Holy shit! That's better than mine!
'91 405 Mi16x4
'74 Triumph TC2500
'98 Lotus Esprit GT3
'02 Mini Cooper S

Bennny

XOXOXOXOLOTTLE =I don't know how the hell you spell it.
I think it's the same as mexican walking fish and you can buy them at pet stores here for like $10.
But I could be wrong.
21ST =I'll see you there as there's no way I'd miss my little brosef's big day.