• Welcome to www.fastfrogs.co.nz - Fast Frogs The NZ home for Fast French Cars .

It was time to join

Started by pcrauto, June 04, 2011, 11:58:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pcrauto

Hi to all,
Have known about this site for a while and decided it was time to join.
My history, I have worked on and loved french cars since 1989. Spent many years working with Greg Kent and have now opened my own workshop in the sunny BOP [although the sun has left us today] >:(. Currently driving a 84 Renault Fuego turbo, my wife drives an 89 405gri, and trying to decide if I should save the 88 405MI16 [ heart says yes, accountant says no] ???. And assisting a client and friend in the building of a 205MI16 tarmac rally car. Will get photos up soon.

Looking forward to spending some pleasant time with ya all

Peter

Pee Dubbaya

Welcome, yes definitely about time, but as they say "better late than never".  :D Where exactly is this new workshop of yours?
Driver of multi french cars= accountants worst nightmare
Current: Peugeot 205 GTI 16v  +  504 (Project)

Previous: Peugeot 106 Rallye (S1), 205 GTI Mi16, 206 GTI 180, 306 S16 (Ph1) & GTI-6 (Ph2) & GTI (Ph3), 309 GTI 16v, 405 Mi16 & SRDT x2, 406 HDi, 504 GL & 504 Break                     Citroën ID19, BX TZD, Xantia 2.0

Bennny

Howdy my brother!
Welcome to a site of shinanigans, shite talking, tech talking,
verbal dhiarreerreeing and a whole lot more!
You'll love it! Go the fuego turbo, I have always wanted to make babies with
a fuego turbo!

Hitman

Welcome. Another member in the (mostly) sunny BOP...

Keen to know of the whereabouts of said workshop, may be requiring your services one day (but not too soon I'm hoping)

CaM

1959 Citroën ID19 Slough
1990 Peugeot 205Mi16

BigPete

Hi Peter. You fixed my 306, and I haven't stopped accumulating Peugeots since.

pcrauto

Quote from: BigPete on June 06, 2011, 10:30:23 PM
Hi Peter. You fixed my 306, and I haven't stopped accumulating Peugeots since.
Hi Pete, is that a good or bad thing ;D

Thanks for the welcomes, shop is at 40 Newton Street at the Mount, will get round to putting the signs up one day. Share a driveway with 0800 My Mechanic. Always open for a chat [well not all the time that would be sad :D]
Rescued the Fuego from a clients shed where it was slowly being buried in R17 and R18 parts. Carb kit from the UK and a new fuel pump and she was away. Slowly starting to resolve some of the other electrical issues. May have to put it on as a loaner for fellow froggers ;D

Chris

Quote from: Pee Dubbaya on June 04, 2011, 02:56:33 PM
Welcome, yes definitely about time, but as they say "better late than never".  :D Where exactly is this new workshop of yours?
Driver of multi french cars= accountants worst nightmare

Ha! I'm an accountant and I own a 106 and a 307!

cammmy

'91 405 Mi16x4
'74 Triumph TC2500
'98 Lotus Esprit GT3
'02 Mini Cooper S
Quote from: CaMnever feel bad about doing anything on here. you're admin, there are no rules. just ban simon before you do it.

awatt

Quote from: Chris on July 05, 2011, 08:45:31 PM

How is that even possible?
Current steed: '07 Citroen C4 HDi

pcrauto

[/quote]

One of my clients ( an accountant ) Has a 307 and a 407. Great customer.
Another client has two 205's, 306 hdi, Audi A3, son-in-law has a S16 and a couple of jappers to boot.
Always thought it great how people pick a certain marque and stick to them like glue. ;D

Chris

BigPete

I stumbled upon the ownership history of my 205 today and noticed you owned it in 2004! WX9030. I promise I will get it back on the road one day.

pcrauto

Must have owned to many, can't remember that one! Good luck with it.