• Welcome to www.fastfrogs.co.nz - Fast Frogs The NZ home for Fast French Cars .

New to all things French!(Vehicle wise anyway)

Started by Oink, February 02, 2012, 03:25:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cammmy

If you merge it at an angle the velocity of the exhaust gas prevents it from going back up into the crankcase. Another reason why smaller pipe could be a good idea is that smaller pipe = higher velocity = better vacuum on merge. I was going to say possibly better cylinder scavenging too but the turbo probably negates that.

If re-doing the exhaust you could go the whole hog and work in a venturi. Place the merge where the pressure is the lowest.

Either way it is a proven way to help reduce crankcase pressure.

I have this book:

It focuses on petrol motors but there are still a lot of things in there that would be helpful when tuning diesel turbos. I would highly recommend grabbing a copy even if you have a lot of experience working turbo motors.
'91 405 Mi16x4
'74 Triumph TC2500
'98 Lotus Esprit GT3
'02 Mini Cooper S
Quote from: CaMnever feel bad about doing anything on here. you're admin, there are no rules. just ban simon before you do it.

CaM

IMO 3" is still too big. build it with the right muffler and 2.5" will be more than enough. 3" is just a noise factory and you'll probably have trouble tucking it around everythign without having it hit the ground all the time :)
if you build it right and have no back pressure then there wont be any fumes coming bakc up the line.
just throwing ideas your way :)
1959 Citroën ID19 Slough
1990 Peugeot 205Mi16

awatt

Quote from: CaM on February 15, 2012, 11:30:58 AM
Re-route the breather into the intake after it goes through the catch can which will catch the mist, and jsut leave the smelly air to go through the engine?

Yes, this is all you need to do.
Current steed: '07 Citroen C4 HDi