• Welcome to www.fastfrogs.co.nz - Fast Frogs The NZ home for Fast French Cars .

Back again - 306DT #2

Started by SteveXTDT, March 22, 2012, 09:12:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SteveXTDT

Bonjour mes amis!
Great to be back on Fast Frogs after hibernation from previous incarnation. I am now on my second 306 DT, this one is a 98 XTDT in Red which I picked up with a dropped cambelt. My previous car was a 93 XRDT with a nasty gearbox noise after 388k km. Long story short; the newer car had a smashed camshaft and bearing journals and punched the end out of the vacuum pump. Replaced same with parts from the old car and voila as the French say.

Now done 20K km in the newbie and loving it.
Problem is the man at VTNZ reckoned the control arm bushes (rear ones of course) were buggered.
I now need a set of new bushes - does anyone know who's the best supplier for them?

XT's been parked up two days (having to drive a Nissan!) and starting to suffer withdrawal already so it's kinda urgent.

k-trips

Try speed.co.nz - really helpful and quite good too
[]V[] []Ξ //-\\ []\[]
Quote from: CaMYou can't motorboat a surfboard

McSweatydoug01

also try the mount shop. might be cheaper than speed.co.nz
"Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports ... all others are merely games. - Ernest Hemingway"
Current cars
Phase 1 405 Mi16 converted to xu10j4rs and be3/6
Cars of old
205 GTi xu10j4rs
205 gti phase 2. cheap track spec/309 GRD old lady spec/406 2.1td/405sr/205gti

SteveXTDT

Hey guys, I went with Speed and couldn't be happier. I emailed them, they replied promptly, sent a pdf to check we were talking about the same thing and then had the bushes ready to when I called for them this afternoon. Might've got them cheaper somewhere else maybe (they were $108 + gst each) but there was no hassles, the bushes fit (in car already) and we're ready to roll again.  :D

McSweatydoug01

sweet. can't beat them for being fast.  speed.co.nz its in the name you know!
"Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports ... all others are merely games. - Ernest Hemingway"
Current cars
Phase 1 405 Mi16 converted to xu10j4rs and be3/6
Cars of old
205 GTi xu10j4rs
205 gti phase 2. cheap track spec/309 GRD old lady spec/406 2.1td/405sr/205gti