• Welcome to www.fastfrogs.co.nz - Fast Frogs The NZ home for Fast French Cars .

Started by mrantarctica, February 15, 2013, 01:05:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrantarctica

Hi there,

Proud owner of a 1998 306 S16 (JDM GTI6 spec) in Nile Blue in AKL. Last car was a low miles '94 306 XR that I picked up for cheap$$, and I somehow managed to drive into ditch while trying to avoid a landslide during a rainy day, near Whangarei.

Car needs a bit of tidying up with a new top engine mount (has that annoying clicking problem they get when the buffers and bottom seat wear) and I think a new check strap on the pas door which is very clicky, and a few other cosmetic bits and pieces. Other than that she goes pretty good and is a lovely car. Will have pics up when I get a camera - my last one got destroyed by a sandstorm in the Sahara desert  :P

Bennny

Welcome along mate.
Gti-6's are so sweet.
be prepared for the worst when you take that mount out
though. A few of us have experienced the torn cradle  :'(.
there's a couple threads in the pug tech section on it.

Pee Dubbaya

Welcome along. Sounds like you're no stranger to a bit of adventure!
Any questions just ask away & hopefully someone should be able to help you out.
Current: Peugeot 205 GTI 16v  +  504 (Project)

Previous: Peugeot 106 Rallye (S1), 205 GTI Mi16, 206 GTI 180, 306 S16 (Ph1) & GTI-6 (Ph2) & GTI (Ph3), 309 GTI 16v, 405 Mi16 & SRDT x2, 406 HDi, 504 GL & 504 Break                     Citroën ID19, BX TZD, Xantia 2.0

Don Simon

91 Peugeot 205 GTI MI-16
11 Ds3 Dsport HDI (Becky's)
97 Peugeot 306 Dturbo
1995 Citroen AX GT

mrantarctica

Quote from: Bennny on February 15, 2013, 03:37:50 AM
Welcome along mate.
Gti-6's are so sweet.
be prepared for the worst when you take that mount out
though. A few of us have experienced the torn cradle  :'(.
there's a couple threads in the pug tech section on it.

Cheers chaps,

Would do it myself but don't have the gear or a garage, so will be getting Greg Kent in AKL to have a look at it - the continental peugeot guys are useless > had a very bad experience with them.

This car is mostly punishing to the soul due to stuff breaking but when it runs well, you have a wide grin for the next couple of months. I'd never have thought my entire mood on life would be attached to my car!

Meiklejohn

or you can pop just round the corner and we can take a look my names Andrew at GSR Auto 196d Wairauu road, my boss has over 35 years experence working on Citroens and pugs in the uk.

CaM

1959 Citroën ID19 Slough
1990 Peugeot 205Mi16

tzrider

Welcome , interesting you been to the Sahara!