• Welcome to www.fastfrogs.co.nz - Fast Frogs The NZ home for Fast French Cars .

New to forum, 205GTI

Started by blv205gti, March 31, 2013, 11:47:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blv205gti

Its amazing to see how much this car has gone through! Thank you so much for the info, I saw an amazing mint red 205GTI today at smales farm and I had a good gawk as it drove past, SO mint, some kind of rally personalized plate, also saw DRTDVL on the motorway heading back from manukau on monday I think, 205's look SO good with roll cages, I was in a 5 series BMW and could still hear you coming as you passed us hahah!

Getting more and more tempted every day to use porsche fund to buy a nicer 205gti and keep the munted one as a daily..

2052NV

^^ is a good plan just finding a nice 205 aint so easy. But well worth the wait. Also 205 with a few mods will nail a standard 964 around the track imo. Different story if you could afford to mod the 964 though  ::) all comes down to budget in the end, as is such with any kind of motorsport.
were you thinking tiptronic or manual 964?

blv205gti

Really keen on a manual but if a tiptronic comes up in hard top for the right price I'd definately consider it, I more want the porsche as something to hide away for weekends and as something I can sit in and make revving noises in the garage.

Or maybe I could park my pug behind  it, and start her up so I can I listen to a rough as surging idle, and pretend my porsche has a worked inline 4 motor.. Hahahah!

Much research to go on the 964, it doesnt seem like one of those cars you can just forum read-up on and suddenly be an expert, I've read lots but I think Porsche's are a little different from the jap and other euro's I've owned, from what I've read so far.

And need to have at least 25k saved to test drive one hahaha!

2052NV

tiptronics are yuk  :-\ save for a manual or keep the 205 and make the 205 fffffast!

blv205gti

Ah are they not very good gearboxes? Only tiptronic I've driven has been BMW and was not quiiite as responsive as a manual but still quite fun, like I said I'm still researching the porsches, and reading online people have such mixed opinions on them!

I'm actually swaying more and more towards saving for a nicer 205gti and putting good money into it to make it really nice, I love what people have been doing to VW golf's etc of the same era and I'd love to make something unique (well unique amongst my GTR and RX7 toting friends haha)