• Welcome to www.fastfrogs.co.nz - Fast Frogs The NZ home for Fast French Cars .

Hallo from Auckland

Started by izzy, December 22, 2013, 05:13:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

izzy

Hiya,

I'm in Auckland, I don't have a particular fast frog, 74 D Special, had her a few months and I love her to bits, though I might need something for more regular driving and which my partner isn't afraid to even touch :S

I have had a BX before, but it was a few hundy of TradeMe and it behaved like it too, had to sell it on to someone who could get her running nicely again. (actually checking CarJam it seems she is no longer on the road, probably used for parts. She was pretty poorly)

Though I am pretty keen on a BX 16V or an estate, I saw there was a Turbo Diesel on recently which would have been cool to have, though a white 16V would be pretty mint to have too.
Past: Pulsar - Pulsar - BX - Pulsar - Cressida - Bolero - Cressida - Cefiro - Demio - Vespa S50 - D Special

Now: Vespa GTS250

awatt

Welcome along. Hope you find a nice daily driver soon. Have you considered Xantias also? Those are pretty choice too.
Current steed: '07 Citroen C4 HDi

izzy

Hiya thanks, I like the Xantia but I like the more boxy shape of the BX, just something that looks cool about them.
Past: Pulsar - Pulsar - BX - Pulsar - Cressida - Bolero - Cressida - Cefiro - Demio - Vespa S50 - D Special

Mungous

I always wondered if the name "BX" had anything to do with them being BoXy.

Xantias aren't cool. Except for maybe an Activa. And they're only cool in a really geeky way (like me!).
"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals"

Gone:
'63 ID19, '67 Land Rover Safari, '71 GS1015, '74 GS1220, '76 GSX2, '80 GSA, '86 BX19GT, '89 BX19GTi, '91 BX16 Meteor, 2003 M5, '08 308

In a garage:
'89 BX 19 GTi 16 valve
'90 BX16v
'98 Saxo VTS

izzy

That would kinda make sense if they were named for that reason.

Lol yeah I suppose Xantias don't hold a candle to BXs. Tho the Activa would be cool.

Mungous

I was thinking DS, déesse, goddess, and ID, idée, idea.

Clever, those Frenchies...

Gone:
'63 ID19, '67 Land Rover Safari, '71 GS1015, '74 GS1220, '76 GSX2, '80 GSA, '86 BX19GT, '89 BX19GTi, '91 BX16 Meteor, 2003 M5, '08 308

In a garage:
'89 BX 19 GTi 16 valve
'90 BX16v
'98 Saxo VTS

BigPete

Quote from: Mungous on December 22, 2013, 08:50:17 PM
I was thinking DS, déesse, goddess, and ID, idée, idea.

Clever, those Frenchies...
Have you seen the Goddess of 1967 movie? It's quite......interesting?

izzy

I have seen that movie, quite liked it myself, quite artsy

Mungous

I must endeavour to legitimately acquire this via legitimate means using a legitimate web-based service provider that offers legitimate copies. Legitimately.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0255195/

Quote"Goddess" stands for French "Déesse", the nickname of Citroën DS, the name of a famous car designed in the fifties. A young and well-situated Japanese man is dreaming of such a car, and one fine day he finds an offering on the net. He calls the seller (a man living in Australia), they agree upon the price and so he travels to Australia in order to buy the car. But when he reaches his destination, there's chaos all around: The seller as well as his wife lay dead in their house and a 17 year old girl lets him in and offers him something to eat. He walks out with horror but then comes back because he forgot to ask about the car... The girl lets him see the car, and then they start a 5 day trip through the outback, and, at the same time, a trip back in time into the early youth of the girl and into her family's chronicle. -- IMDb Plot: The Goddess of 1967 (2000)

Gone:

In a garage:
'89 BX 19 GTi 16 valve
'90 BX16v
'98 Saxo VTS

BigPete

I thought I might legitimately acquire another sympathy copy of it after I saw this
QuoteThe Goddess of 1967 grossed $103,449 at the box office in Australia.
I think I gave my last one to the op shop.

izzy

Quote from: BigPete on December 22, 2013, 10:03:42 PM
I thought I might legitimately acquire another sympathy copy of it after I saw this
QuoteThe Goddess of 1967 grossed $103,449 at the box office in Australia.
I think I gave my last one to the op shop.
I might have to get one too, I kind had trouble finding one from the usual legitimate sources but I might have to have another look

CaM

welcome welcome!
nice to see another D in our midst
1959 Citroën ID19 Slough
1990 Peugeot 205Mi16

Bennny

Welcome to FF,
that's a lovely looking D you have there!