• Welcome to www.fastfrogs.co.nz - Fast Frogs The NZ home for Fast French Cars .

New from Oz - BUILD 205 GTI S3 Mi16

Started by bsavage, May 13, 2014, 11:35:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bsavage

Hi.
New to the forum. Simon from fast stock suggested it will be good to come on board.

My little Pug is a Sorrento green 205 GTI  Series 3 and originally had a 1.9 and I've been the proud owner for a year now.
The Mi16 conversion was done 7 or 8 years ago and has been running strong for a while and is in good condition inside and out.  From what other enthusiasts have told me the conversion is not a bad one (done by Alpina Affaire in Melbourne), but like most things with a budget, some things could be improved.

The inlet manifold has not been shortened and the engine not tilted back to give more room for engine against the radiator.
As far as I know it has:
Mi16 Engine with power steering
Quaife LSD (ratio ?)
Koni Yellow shocks
Front Hubs - from 306 ?  (but not standard GTI)
Radiator - 309
Optima Yellow top battery

It's due for a front suspension / steering / rear beam overhaul sometime later this year and I'd really like to get the radiator sorted or perhaps a custom replacement as the engine is very, very close to it and I worry about it being damaged by the engine etc.

Any suggestions on improvements are welcome

Anyways here are a few pics of my car.

[attachment deleted by admin]

cams16v

BigPete

Nice car. Welcome to Fastfrogs.

I've moved some of the discussion into your Project Thread http://www.fastfrogs.co.nz/index.php/topic,9888.0.html so it's all in one place and hopefully a bit easier to follow.