• Welcome to www.fastfrogs.co.nz - Fast Frogs The NZ home for Fast French Cars .

AX GT owner, new to the forum

Started by Tranceducer, March 26, 2008, 01:26:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tranceducer

Hi All,
Since it seems you have to regester now to browse the forum I thought I'd say hello while I was here.

I've had my 95 Cit AX GT injected for about 6 months now but it has spent all summer around the back of my house due to a cooked gearbox.  >:(  I got it for NIX so can't complain too much.
The good news is there is light at the end of the tunnel. Although I have thought that before.
I'm waitng for some diff planet gears and have a small repair job to do on the selector arms before it goes back together. I would like to replace the selector forks too but I'm not up for the cost.
It was a fun little Go kart before I took it apart and I'm really looking having it running.

Can any tell me if they have done the CV/Driveshaft recon thing for a PSA type supermini?
I have been told that an Auckland crowd will recon them. (Who dat?) ???

I'll be watching... 8)
AX GT Injected (Phase II) : Vespa PX 200

Lord Page

Howdy and welcome aboard the fast ship frog (or whatever it is called at the moment).

There are few current and past AX GT drivers on the forum, I'm not one of them so I'll shut up now.
Derek's don't run.

Peugeot Ludix Blaster - Malossi 70cc
Peugeot 406 HDi SW
Peugeot 206 GTi SW

Griffe

Quote from: The Lounge King on March 26, 2008, 07:05:25 PM
Howdy and welcome aboard the fast ship frog (or whatever it is called at the moment).

There are few current and past AX GT drivers on the forum, I'm not one of them so I'll shut up now.

Thank you...                                                             ...M' Lord

Reminds me of you rambling about container terminals in Hong Kong...until Izzy reminded you that you were rambling...and that you weren't drunk

or maybe like that time when you tried to pick up monnymc's and Mike's girlfriends at fast fest by telling them about eating how you ate turkey in Turkey, being hungary in Hungary, eating hamburgers in Hamburg and eating anchors in Anchorage???

Shit by the looks of this maybe I've caught your rambling disease
It's a workup

Griffe

Quote from: Tranceducer on March 26, 2008, 01:26:54 PM
Hi All,
Since it seems you have to regester now to browse the forum I thought I'd say hello while I was here.

I've had my 95 Cit AX GT injected for about 6 months now but it has spent all summer around the back of my house due to a cooked gearbox.  >:(  I got it for NIX so can't complain too much.
The good news is there is light at the end of the tunnel. Although I have thought that before.
I'm waitng for some diff planet gears and have a small repair job to do on the selector arms before it goes back together. I would like to replace the selector forks too but I'm not up for the cost.
It was a fun little Go kart before I took it apart and I'm really looking having it running.

Can any tell me if they have done the CV/Driveshaft recon thing for a PSA type supermini?
I have been told that an Auckland crowd will recon them. (Who dat?) ???

I'll be watching... 8)

Ahh errr sorry...

Yeah try ADL (automotive drive line)

Stores all over Auckland

They rebuild whole shafts for approx $220 + grab, snatch and take

Apparently they send them to an outfit in CHCH to get them done
It's a workup

monnymc

Quote from: Griffe on March 26, 2008, 10:46:33 PM
Quote from: The Lounge King on March 26, 2008, 07:05:25 PM

Thank you...                                                             ...M' Lord

Reminds me of you rambling about container terminals in Hong Kong...until Izzy reminded you that you were rambling...and that you weren't drunk

or maybe like that time when you tried to pick up monnymc's and Mike's girlfriends at fast fest by telling them about eating how you ate turkey in Turkey, being hungary in Hungary, eating hamburgers in Hamburg and eating anchors in Anchorage???

Shit by the looks of this maybe I've caught your rambling disease

RoFLCatS!!!  :D :D

Griffe

Woke up in the middle of the night after remembering that there was also the German girl that he tried to pick up

Ok rambling over for now
It's a workup

Lord Page

That's right, booze makes my jaw flap.  ;D
Derek's don't run.

Peugeot Ludix Blaster - Malossi 70cc
Peugeot 406 HDi SW
Peugeot 206 GTi SW

you wont get parts for it mate

Griffe

Quote from: The Lounge King on March 27, 2008, 07:24:00 PM
That's right, booze makes my jaw flap.  ;D

That's the 4th best thing about you!
It's a workup

Tranceducer

Errr.. Is this all you guys do??  :P

Griffe

Well...I'm not gunna lie but....no
It's a workup

Tranceducer

"Good news everybody"  ;D *Best Professor Farnswoth impession*
Spent a couple of hours driving round in MY AX Cit last night. I figured it was a free ride because the petrol in the tank is about 8 months old now and only cost about 2/3 what it is worth today.  :(
Gearbox still whines a bit but I fugure it's just the dog tooth gears. And I havn't got the new Cv's yet but at least the gearbox worked and changed smooth. And dispite my best efforts to blow up the ingnition after mis wireing it she starts first time every time.
Quietly stoked  ;)
The real celebrations start once it has a warrent. Then I can start polishing up the paint and trying to change the colour of the body kit from pink back to red again.  ::)
So you may have a Wellington chapter of fast frogs starting up after all. Just send us a few stickers (3 sets and counting) and keep those smart arse AK comments to a minimum :P and you might be on! 
Cher!

CaM

^ choice!
wellington chapter is growing, slowly.
welcome
1959 Citroën ID19 Slough
1990 Peugeot 205Mi16

Griffe

Good stuff man, will get you some stickers real soon
It's a workup

Tranceducer

;D ;D ;D Yipeee.... Got my warrent! dispite my big bore pipe that the LTSA turned me down on  ??? and the CV's gettin niosy that a "reputable" garage also turned me down on. :-\
The trick is finding an honest mechanic.(not easy, No disrespect to the mechs here) My faith is at least partially restored  :-*

I took a whole lot of pics of my MA gearbox resto project which I could do post on. Or maybe I shouldn't bore you...
I'll see if the mood takes me one day  ::)

See you on the road. (if anyone can afford it)