• Welcome to www.fastfrogs.co.nz - Fast Frogs The NZ home for Fast French Cars .

Young Newbie

Started by ChrisHaegz, September 03, 2014, 08:09:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChrisHaegz

Hi guys,

Finally got around to registering. I bought a '98 Citroen Saxo 1.6 VTS last June off someone who is already a member of this page.
I'm only 17 but i like working on engines myself and have worked on alot of outboard engines at marineworkz and also through my hobby, offshore powerboating. I help my dad work on his '69 mustang also which helps with the learning.

I've done minimal modifications on it so far, i got some alloy wheels, a pod filter and stereo. But at the moment the car is in pieces as pictured below and i will get the head ported and polished, plus a few more minor upgrades.

Looking to meet others who own or have owned the same car for tips on the cars or even the best places to get parts for it.

Cheers,
Chris

[attachment deleted by admin]
'98 Citroën Saxo VTS - Japanese inspired

Bennny

Welcome to ff man.
Looks lush!

MYRUSH

Haha, just a couple of weeks ago, the boys at Platinum and I were talking about this car.
Good to see you joining FF :)
Present:
Pug 106 XSi 1.6
Pug 106 Rallye S1
BMW M5 E60 V10
Pug 306 Cabrio 2.0

Past:
Pug 406 Sedan
2x Pug 406 V6 Sedan
Pug 406 V6 Coupe
Pug 205 GTi 1.9
4x Pug 106 XSi 1.6
Pug 106 Diesel

PhilMk1

Nice VTS, cool to see someone taking things a little further.

Throw some Cat Cam 743s at that motor, that seems to be the go-to choice for these engines in the UK.

RS

welcome. 17 year old into fasts is always good thing!

Offshore boating is hard core, I have a customer who races them, the Profloors team.

Don Simon

Welcome! So pleased to see the Saxo has gone to a good home.
I still have a few parts For that car. Like headlights timing belt bits etc. Flick me a pm
91 Peugeot 205 GTI MI-16
11 Ds3 Dsport HDI (Becky's)
97 Peugeot 306 Dturbo
1995 Citroen AX GT

2052NV

Welcome mate!

You almost remind me of me when i first signed up when i was 17...... shit that was a few years ago now  :-X

the wheels are choice! what are you doing with your car that far apart? lowering the front i hope  :P

Note: Go into the citroen section and make a build thread for your car so we can see what your up to and tell you "your doing wrong" and "mate your dreaming" heaps  8)

ChrisHaegz

Quote from: 2052NV on September 04, 2014, 08:30:43 AM
Welcome mate!

You almost remind me of me when i first signed up when i was 17...... shit that was a few years ago now  :-X

the wheels are choice! what are you doing with your car that far apart? lowering the front i hope  :P

Note: Go into the citroen section and make a build thread for your car so we can see what your up to and tell you "your doing wrong" and "mate your dreaming" heaps  8)

Yea i will lower the front a bit as the front shocks are worn out anyway. I'm replacing the head gasket and also checking the rings/bearings etc. I also need to get a new drivers side CV

Ill make a build thread tonight too
'98 Citroën Saxo VTS - Japanese inspired

CaM

welcome along!

neat little car. glad to see it back on the forum!
1959 Citroën ID19 Slough
1990 Peugeot 205Mi16