• Welcome to www.fastfrogs.co.nz - Fast Frogs The NZ home for Fast French Cars .

Finally got my first frog! Howdie

Started by Asianfrog, September 09, 2014, 08:46:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Asianfrog

Hi all another newbie to French cars here. I have always been a Saab person before moving onto old aircooled VWs. Got a few classic from both brands but recently got myself a 2014 Clio. It wasn't on top of my wishlist to be honest but was too impressed with the built quality (was surprised) and handling of the car (compared to the Ecoboost Fiesta, Fiat Punto and VW Polo) but more impressed with the dual clutch auto shift. Right up to a DSG I reckon. Where I still drive my 71 bug the Clio became more of my daily drive.

Though the TCe120 gives me a good bhp output I would still like to chip the car to boost another 20 or so. I saw a few chip on sale in the UK but anyone know if this will void the manufacturers warranty? I got a good 6 years and would suck if that is voided. I don't want to ask Renault (or at least until I got some suggestions) as I don't want them to know that I have this idea in mind and I couldn't find info in regards to this in the warranty booklet...

Cheers guys see you round!
Currently owned - 1971 Volkswagen Beetle auto
                         - 2014 Renault Clio TCe120

MYRUSH

Welcome to FF :)
Please don't be afraid to show up some pics of your sweet rides.
Get a friend to ring up who is 'interested in buying a clio' and would like to know the the warranty conditions.
Id be a bit weary when it comes to eBay chips. Always best to be 100% sure and get a ECU remap or similar done by a professional here in NZ.
Present:
Pug 106 XSi 1.6
Pug 106 Rallye S1
BMW M5 E60 V10
Pug 306 Cabrio 2.0

Past:
Pug 406 Sedan
2x Pug 406 V6 Sedan
Pug 406 V6 Coupe
Pug 205 GTi 1.9
4x Pug 106 XSi 1.6
Pug 106 Diesel

Bennny

Welcome.
I would think aftermatket stuff would void warranty,
but you can often get stuff that doesn't if its approved
By the manufacturer and installed by a professional.
so it's worth researching, obviously its more expensive than an eBay
chip but its for you to weigh that up against your warranty cost
And potential cost of losing it.

2052NV

Welcome mate.

Chips are a good way to void warranty unfortunetly. Better to stick with bolt on nit slike exhausts and intakes as these "should" not affect warranty.