• Welcome to www.fastfrogs.co.nz - Fast Frogs The NZ home for Fast French Cars .

Wouldn't mind some help with sorting 106gti suspension

Started by Whitebeard, July 25, 2015, 09:42:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Whitebeard

Hi, I've bought a gold 106gti to match the gold 306 GTi6, but it has been lowered by some sort of muppet. I've got the original spring and damper specs from Peugeot nz, but before I source any, has anyone got any standard 106gti suspension bits they'd like to sell, or trade for the suspension that's already on the car. It does feel very much like track spec suspension, if 30 years in the motoring journalism sector has taught me anything.

Also, does anyone have an 8mm square tool for the transmission sump? Have to buy a $48 set of twenty heads to get the one I need otherwise.

Anyway, looking forward to getting involved with fastfrogs

Don Simon

Hi there.

Welcome to fasts!
Rear ride height is piss easy to set. I've got the gear if you want to borrow it.
May have standard front suspension too.

I expect to see build threads on both cars !!

Simon
91 Peugeot 205 GTI MI-16
11 Ds3 Dsport HDI (Becky's)
97 Peugeot 306 Dturbo
1995 Citroen AX GT

BigPete

Whitebeard

Thanks guys. Don, where are you located, if I get a chance to borrow the rear suspension equipment?
Not sure about ordering a plug tool from the UK, but either that or spend $40 plus at supercheap for a 20 piece assortment.

The build on the 306 so far has been getting authentic Michelin tyres to replace the Supercat tyres, which were lethal in the wet. Next should be some panel and paint work (any recommendations for p&p shops?) and getting new shocks.

The list for the 106gti is somewhat longer;
Find out why its harder to engage gears when gearbox is hot
Hope like hell the clutch isn't on its last legs - pedal engages about three inches through the firewall...
Fluid change incl brakes
Replacement of boy racer exhaust (anyone want something loud?)
More panel and paint
Getting the broken side cladding fixed
Refinish engine top (metal cladding flaking off)

Long story short, 306 GTi6 for everyday driving, 106gti road drivable backup/drive day car

Mungous

If you really want to cheap it up for the sump bung tool, get an Allen key and a grinder.
"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals"

Gone:
'63 ID19, '67 Land Rover Safari, '71 GS1015, '74 GS1220, '76 GSX2, '80 GSA, '86 BX19GT, '89 BX19GTi, '91 BX16 Meteor, 2003 M5, '08 308

In a garage:
'89 BX 19 GTi 16 valve
'90 BX16v
'98 Saxo VTS

BigPete

The shaft on some house door handles is also the right size. Put a crescent on it close to the plug though as they're not very strong torsionally.