• Welcome to www.fastfrogs.co.nz - Fast Frogs The NZ home for Fast French Cars .

renault megane sport

Started by powwow, April 22, 2016, 09:22:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

powwow

Hi All, I am the new owner of a megane sport and i need a new cam belt before I put any ks on it and would be typical luck to grenade the motor. It has done 111ks. I am coromandel based but commute to auckland. Can any fast frogs point be in the direction of a good mechanic.
Cheers,
Mike

you wont get parts for it mate

A few chaps have had good service recently at Renault themselves or theres Bishops in grafton. Thats a pretty good comute every morning.

Golfboy666GTI

Quote from: callmike@orcon.net.nz on April 22, 2016, 09:22:30 AM
Hi All, I am the new owner of a megane sport and i need a new cam belt before I put any ks on it and would be typical luck to grenade the motor. It has done 111ks. I am coromandel based but commute to auckland. Can any fast frogs point be in the direction of a good mechanic.
Cheers,
Mike

Hi Mike, did you get the black 5 door?

powwow

Cheers guys, yes I did the the black 5 door. Very happy with it. I bought it knowing the cam belt was due.  I am building a house so not looking forward to the surprise cam belt price.
I will chat with Renault. Cheers for the heads up. Have you had any experience with re-mapping or shall I leave well alone. She is so quiet, are there off the shelf exhaust setup available? One guy mentioned they like a bit of back pressure from the paper air filters and not to fit a k&n type??

Golfboy666GTI

Quote from: powwow on April 26, 2016, 10:21:12 PM
Cheers guys, yes I did the the black 5 door. Very happy with it. I bought it knowing the cam belt was due.  I am building a house so not looking forward to the surprise cam belt price.
I will chat with Renault. Cheers for the heads up. Have you had any experience with re-mapping or shall I leave well alone. She is so quiet, are there off the shelf exhaust setup available? One guy mentioned they like a bit of back pressure from the paper air filters and not to fit a k&n type??

My Father just had the cambelt done on his. That cost 2K. They are meant to be changed every 5 years or 100,000km's. I was interested in your car (site unseen) but after talking to the owner he had not replaced the clutch or the brakes so it counted me out.
Awesome cars though. All the best with yours.

GiveItSomeFrogginJandal

Flicked you an email with a quote for cambelt/waterpump last week did you get it? not sure if i had right address, flick us an email bishopsgarage@vodafone.co.nz if you haven't. Cheers!

Golfboy666GTI

Quote from: GiveItSomeFrogginJandal on April 27, 2016, 09:58:08 PM

Flicked you an email with a quote for cambelt/waterpump last week did you get it? not sure if i had right address, flick us an email bishopsgarage@vodafone.co.nz if you haven't. Cheers!

Can you please PM me a price as well?