• Welcome to www.fastfrogs.co.nz - Fast Frogs The NZ home for Fast French Cars .

Howdy

Started by numbers_, July 13, 2016, 11:59:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

numbers_

Randomly stumbled upon this forum while looking for an exhaust shop. Always had a soft spot for the French cars, owned a 405 a few years back.

Currently dailying a Phase 1 Clio while slowly building a Phase 2 Clio track toy

The Baguette in all her enormous ride height glory

And the yet to be named SilverPOS

2052NV

WOW so mint!!!

make sure you make a build thread for the silver one. My friend is also turning his silver clio (172) into a track toy.

rolly

Welcome,

Good to see the sickness is strong in you :-)

Reminds me I need to start 'un-tracking' my Clio since I now have the pug race car. Decided this morning the B14's need to go.

I highly recommend fastchip.nl for a remap - world of difference for the fly by wire setup on the ph2 and very linear power delivery. Better fuel consumption as well!
04 Clio RS - daily
03 Hirsch Saab 9-5 Sportcombi - family wagon
97 106 Gti - Current 2KCUP car - unknown quantity.
97 106 Gti - road car currently in bits after offering itself up as a sacrifice to the race car.

numbers_

I've kind of forgotten to take progress pics of the build so far. But slowly starting to swap interior pieces over. My rs tuner should hopefully be arriving shortly! B14s you say???

Pee Dubbaya

Welcome. Dual Clio's - excellent choice sir.
Current: Peugeot 205 GTI 16v  +  504 (Project)

Previous: Peugeot 106 Rallye (S1), 205 GTI Mi16, 206 GTI 180, 306 S16 (Ph1) & GTI-6 (Ph2) & GTI (Ph3), 309 GTI 16v, 405 Mi16 & SRDT x2, 406 HDi, 504 GL & 504 Break                     Citroën ID19, BX TZD, Xantia 2.0

rolly

Quote from: numbers_ on July 14, 2016, 01:24:38 PM
I've kind of forgotten to take progress pics of the build so far. But slowly starting to swap interior pieces over. My rs tuner should hopefully be arriving shortly! B14s you say???

Yeah so my Clio was destined to become a targa car - started doing bent sprints etc so bolted the coils on to go faster as you do. Single income and kids came along and out the door went the Clio into race car plan.

2KCUP is where my budget is at so the Clio will realistically not see the track again in my ownership for a good long while given the 106 will have a cage etc.

Funny thing I looked at getting a phase quick (ph1) in sunflower to turn into a race car many years ago - could have bought it for 5k. If I had I would have the same colour and style machines as you! Just purposed the opposite. Was going to use the phase 1 as it already had throttle cable for ITB's
04 Clio RS - daily
03 Hirsch Saab 9-5 Sportcombi - family wagon
97 106 Gti - Current 2KCUP car - unknown quantity.
97 106 Gti - road car currently in bits after offering itself up as a sacrifice to the race car.

numbers_

Wicked. I was going to do some stupid stuff to the Baguette, like supercharger and the sort, but at the price the Phase 2 popped up at made it a no brainer

2052NV

the baguette is too mint! keep it and once the correct generation gets old and rich they will start paying lots for original clios, "just like the one they had when they were younger" spec! just like what is happening to the 205 now...

RS

Welcome.

Great little collection.

The Yellow Clio was a Forum Members cars once upon a time.

Enjoy.

PS I really like your steering wheel in the Silver car!