• Welcome to www.fastfrogs.co.nz - Fast Frogs The NZ home for Fast French Cars .

Hi there

Started by NeilFallows, July 28, 2016, 10:28:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NeilFallows

Hi there

Bought myself a 205 gti a few months back and thought it'd be good to join up as I'm well aware of the trails and tribulations that come with a 26 year old French car:-) And I know I'll need to be piking brains on issues that arise..

This is my 4th 205 gti bought my first one 20 years ago but been without one for about 7 years so very happy to be back in one again.

Neil
1990 205 gti
1991 205 GT

2052NV

awesome! Post up some pictures and specs

NeilFallows

It's a 1990 1.9 cat model. Standard apart from the eibach springs and the baker silicone hoses. Previous owners have done the head gasket, syncros, rear beam, steering rack to name but a few.. runs well but is a bugger to start from cold, got a new temperature sensor on its way. My one is reading the wrong way ie low ohms when cold, then high when hot and open circuit in the middle.. Hoping this will sort the starting problem:-)

1990 205 gti
1991 205 GT

cams16v

Hi Neil
Sweet 205, is this green or black, cant tell from the pics! Good to see you got the silicone hoses  ;)

NeilFallows

Hi Cam

Yeah thanks for the hoses, the old ones were in a sorry state.. it's a dark metallic grey:-)
1990 205 gti
1991 205 GT