• Welcome to www.fastfrogs.co.nz - Fast Frogs The NZ home for Fast French Cars .

The 106 master

Started by Speedbitz.com, May 02, 2008, 12:02:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Speedbitz.com

Hi guys

Just signed up to this forum. I run a few Peugeot Rally Cars and have done every mod possible. If you have any questions let me know.

- Nick Marshall

Carpentry

Hi Nick, welcome to the good ship FastFrogs ;D

You'll find we have a few 106 enthusiasts on here, I'm sure they'll make themselves known to you soon enough and have plenty of questions  ???
It's always good to have experienced people willing to share their knowledge
Take it to Bishops

monnymc

first of all, welcome to the forum  :) good to know there's a decent whack of frenchie drivers out there  :P

secondly, i know it's a bit random, but you wouldn't happen to have a copy of the 205 rally build guide, would you? bazwad and i have been trying to find it for aaages  :)

cheers matey!

mrc_1979

Hey Nick, welcome to Fast Frogs ;)

Reviled

Griffe

Good work, was great chatting to you this morning, I will definately organise to get some events setup for you. Jeff
It's a workup

2052NV

Sweet 106 are awsom! are you competing in the domain hill climb weekend this weekend?

peugeot

Welcome to the world of fast
Heaven is where the police are British, the chefs Italians, the mechanics German, the lovers French and its all organised by the Swiss. Hell is where the police are German, the chefs British, the mechanics French, the lovers Swiss and its all organised by the Italians.

Zealot

Small world... heh. I recall getting an email through uni about work with you which looked very interesting. I'd ask if there was any still available but I have very little free time :(

Speedbitz.com

Quote from: Zealot on May 02, 2008, 08:11:19 PM
Small world... heh. I recall getting an email through uni about work with you which looked very interesting. I'd ask if there was any still available but I have very little free time :(

I am always interested in finding engineers or mechanics to join our team. We ended up buying a rolling shell so I will put some photos up when it arrives.

-Nick

Speedbitz.com

Quote from: [2052NV] on May 02, 2008, 07:04:27 PM
Sweet 106 are awsom! are you competing in the domain hill climb weekend this weekend?

No thank god. I drove past and it was pissing down with rain big time. I will do it next year.

Speedbitz.com

Quote from: monnymc on May 02, 2008, 12:26:59 PM
first of all, welcome to the forum  :) good to know there's a decent whack of frenchie drivers out there  :P

secondly, i know it's a bit random, but you wouldn't happen to have a copy of the 205 rally build guide, would you? bazwad and i have been trying to find it for aaages  :)

cheers matey!

No, try ringing Julian at motor sport nz and ask him for a copy of the 205 homologation papers. I think the car is too old to have these but if they do have them its the technical papers with all the parts the car used. By the way you can buy these for Xsara, c4, focus what ever you are into. They are about $50 each. A good read if you into technical things.

2nd to that go to tech books in New Market and see if they can get a book on it. I found a book in New Caledonia all about the 206 WRC. Hardback and an inch thick.

Speedbitz.com

It has run out of homologation.
106 has 1 more year.

Homologation is for FIA events only ie. Rally NZ.

You can drive a 106 or 306 in any other rally in New Zealand.

Speedbitz.com

Leg 1 of rally nz is for Kiwi 2. They run under Possum Bourne Memorial Rally which is a seperate rally behind rally nz.
Group n as in subnaru and evo's run in rally nz on leg 1 and leg 2.

Griffe

That thing is an insane machine! I remember when the axles kept popping out of the box at Rally NZ up at Maungaturoto
It's a workup