• Welcome to www.fastfrogs.co.nz - Fast Frogs The NZ home for Fast French Cars .

Auckland Newbie

Started by Whale_soup, June 19, 2018, 10:50:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Whale_soup

Hi everyone

Thought I'd introduce myself as I've been lurking for a month or so and keen to get amongst it!
Back in March I managed to land myself a Diablo red 106 XSI (off another member on here some of y'all might recognise it) and been slowly tinkering away on it.

In the process of downsizing my fleet and getting this little machine back to its former glory (thinking restomod) and using it as much as I can for trackdays etc as it's proving to be one of the funnest little cars I've owned (owned a few from corollas to KP starlets  ;D ).

Looking forward d to mining the wealth of knowledge on here as well as contributing some of my own!

Will sort pictures when I've got a moment will put a post up on the FB group

Cheers guys!

Mungous

Ooh, restomod - my favourite automotive concept...

What plans do you have for it? It isn't so old that there's a lot of easy gains to be made.

Tell us more. 😃
"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals"

Gone:
'63 ID19, '67 Land Rover Safari, '71 GS1015, '74 GS1220, '76 GSX2, '80 GSA, '86 BX19GT, '89 BX19GTi, '91 BX16 Meteor, 2003 M5, '08 308

In a garage:
'89 BX 19 GTi 16 valve
'90 BX16v
'98 Saxo VTS

Whale_soup

Hi Mungous!

Ahhh yes the good old 'restomod!' Not thinking too hard into it at the moment as I'm still figuring out which way I want to go with it. In the mean time I've overhauled the front suspension (just waiting on the new lower arms to come in) done both drive shafts and biffed a new radiator/thermostat & flange in with new coolant to get it reliable for daily use  ;D got me another engine (seized unfortunately) and hoping to get that rebuilt and balanced as well as the gearbox (1st is out of the question at the moment and the bearings are on their last legs  :o ) new tyres with pad upgrade and Koni yellows are on the shopping list, when she's mechanically sound it will be time for a panel and paint!

Taking things one step at a time right now but will be a fun project!

nomadave

Welcome!
I'm also halfway through a resto job on an S1 XSi.
Keen to hear how your getting on.