• Welcome to www.fastfrogs.co.nz - Fast Frogs The NZ home for Fast French Cars .

Wellington 306 GTi6

Started by sichedelic, July 03, 2018, 12:40:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sichedelic

Hi all,

I recently purchased my first French car, enjoyed 6 months of wonderful motoring and now she looks like this  ;D

Shredded the top mount, so decided to rip it all out and refresh it all.

Jumping on here for some local advice.

Mungous

Marc (NoShoes on here) is a Welly-based 306 GTi-6 guy, and he will happily help with any advice etc., in return for a surprisingly moderate quantity of beer.
"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals"

Gone:
'63 ID19, '67 Land Rover Safari, '71 GS1015, '74 GS1220, '76 GSX2, '80 GSA, '86 BX19GT, '89 BX19GTi, '91 BX16 Meteor, 2003 M5, '08 308

In a garage:
'89 BX 19 GTi 16 valve
'90 BX16v
'98 Saxo VTS

Ricardude

Top suspension mount?
Great car the 306. My un-wof'd un-rego'd xsi sits in my driveway getting soggy but I can't bring myself to get rid of it..
Are you reconditioning the engine too?
306 xsi
205 gt

sichedelic

Hi all. 

Old NoShoes eh?!  I know Marc from a previous life, suspect he'll be giving me grief in no time.

The right hand (top) engine mount cup (for want of a better description) disintegrated (cracks aren't uncommon apparently). 

I haven't got the funds to do an engine recon, but my uninformed feeling is the motor isn't in bad shape.  Certainly had plenty of power prior to finding itself on the garage floor.

So at the moment refreshing all the bushes, engine mount, rh suspension top hat, hose replacements, clutch, cambelt and fixing a couple of oil leaks.

Mungous

Haha - Marc did mention he'd infected some of his old mates with Peugeotopathy! 😂

In fact, Marc's racecar had exactly that same engine mounting point issue, and he found a guy who came to his house to weld it up...
"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals"

Gone:
'63 ID19, '67 Land Rover Safari, '71 GS1015, '74 GS1220, '76 GSX2, '80 GSA, '86 BX19GT, '89 BX19GTi, '91 BX16 Meteor, 2003 M5, '08 308

In a garage:
'89 BX 19 GTi 16 valve
'90 BX16v
'98 Saxo VTS

sichedelic

Yes, it was Marc who infected me.  And I think of it more as Peugeotitis, where my wallet becomes inflamed and all the money falls out. . .

Fortunately, I've got a brother who engineers, so he's been roped in to do the work.  Unfortunately, there is nothing to weld up, so needs a new bottom plate which isn't a major piece of work, except that once I get started pulling things to pieces I just can't stop . .