• Welcome to www.fastfrogs.co.nz - Fast Frogs The NZ home for Fast French Cars .

AXGT - JU5 question

Started by Amys-System, February 03, 2019, 03:41:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Amys-System

Hey guys!

I grew up with datsuns, however I have a love affection with my AXGT. It blew the motor last year, also I'm looking down the path of repowering. I'm currently looking at this listing https://www.trademe.co.nz/trade-me-motors/car-parts-accessories/parts-other-makes/engines/auction-1929983532.htm

I will get a mechanic to install this, however I was hoping somebody could shed some light on what's involved with this install? Can I use my original gearbox being a main question and f the engine mounts are in the same location?

I may have to wait for a 1.4 to come up on trademe.

Kind regards,

Amy

Pee Dubbaya

Hi Amy, welcome!

That engine is a TU5 with iron block and twin cam 16v head, but basic form is the same as the TU3 in a AX GT so should still fit fairly easily. For more info I'd recommend that you PM 'Don Simon' as he's recently done this engine conversion and will be able to tell you any points to note.

Cheers
Current: Peugeot 205 GTI 16v  +  504 (Project)

Previous: Peugeot 106 Rallye (S1), 205 GTI Mi16, 206 GTI 180, 306 S16 (Ph1) & GTI-6 (Ph2) & GTI (Ph3), 309 GTI 16v, 405 Mi16 & SRDT x2, 406 HDi, 504 GL & 504 Break                     Citroën ID19, BX TZD, Xantia 2.0

Amys-System