• Welcome to www.fastfrogs.co.nz - Fast Frogs The NZ home for Fast French Cars .

Frog History

Started by nakamichi3head, December 10, 2019, 09:50:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nakamichi3head

Fast Frogophilia started while on working holiday in UK late 1990s  ,  low mileage, 1 owner  white Bx TZD used daily for a year then hit large deer on a country lane and written off !!
The bug had taken hold though so next a well used faded red  Bx TZD Estate ( which the missus quickly grew attached too ) This waka  took us up through Scotland and down through  France on various hikoi  and was fast and economical at the same time which is a huge bonus on long trips on good roads .
A predented  1993  Zx  Turbo D was added for personal abuse of course till our return to NZ late '05 when  a low mileage A31 Cefiro was gifted by whanau .
This waka was daily driver 600km per week from 2006 to  2017 and I took the odo from 90K to 450K before the RB20DE headgasket said enough . The standard  chassis / suspension of an A31 is truly one of the best ever  , completely stable and planted  on the worst Northland corners  at what would normally be  stupid  speeds .
The expiry of the Cef lead to taking up the offer of the current daily , a very faded red Bx Tzd , an ex-Taranaki car that is undergoing a rolling restoration with Citroen maestro Phil Cotter on the spanners . So far its had rear discs/pads , full transfusion fluids/filters , new spheres , full cambelt kit , a set as-new  alloys from a Bx TRS and  Michelins . The paint can wait .
It great to be back in a fast frog and the bug has caught because I'm eyeing up a dereg silver Zx Aura D (automatic sadly) with dud diesel donk as a project .  The Zx chassis / suspension is fantastic and would enjoy Northland !! I have an full ex-TZD motor/gearbox  to graft in  . Has anyone out there converted a Zx auto diesel  to manual  turbo D or put a turbo D on to the Auto box ? I'd be interested to hear comments / advise .

bryand

I saw a faded red BX one afternoon a few months ago. It was southbound between the Topuni corner and the Oruawharo turn-off.
Considering the scarcity of BXs on the roads of Northland there is a high chance it was your car.

It was a real delight to see a regularly used older Frog out on the highway.

I was heading north in a white 309 5 door.

Welcome to Fast Frogs.

Current:
1988 Peugeot 309 SR
1989 Peugeot 309 SRi
2010 Citroen C5 2.0  H3+ (163)
Long gone:
Simca 1000  bored, planed, cammed, Webered

McSweatydoug01

Welcome to fast frogs. BX's are awesome.
"Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports ... all others are merely games. - Ernest Hemingway"
Current cars
Phase 1 405 Mi16 converted to xu10j4rs and be3/6
Cars of old
205 GTi xu10j4rs
205 gti phase 2. cheap track spec/309 GRD old lady spec/406 2.1td/405sr/205gti

Pee Dubbaya

Welcome! TZD's are the shizzle  8)
Current: Peugeot 205 GTI 16v  +  504 (Project)

Previous: Peugeot 106 Rallye (S1), 205 GTI Mi16, 206 GTI 180, 306 S16 (Ph1) & GTI-6 (Ph2) & GTI (Ph3), 309 GTI 16v, 405 Mi16 & SRDT x2, 406 HDi, 504 GL & 504 Break                     Citroën ID19, BX TZD, Xantia 2.0