• Welcome to www.fastfrogs.co.nz - Fast Frogs The NZ home for Fast French Cars .

Newbie and Car for sale

Started by Tanaks14, February 23, 2020, 03:30:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tanaks14

Hey Guys,

My name is Ian, came all the way to New Zealand and stubbled upon apparently a well known car down there to the fast frogs community. It is a Citroen 1995 AX gt with a 1.6L swap. The boys at bishops sorted me and the car out and she was a treat to drive. Sadly she is up for sale now. Not the best of luck on trademe so here I am. I really want to offer it up to you fine people so someone can finish the project Ive started. Unfortunately I can't post in the for sale section yet so if this is in the wrong spot let know and ill try to move it.

So here is the car and the chat:

Solid runner, literally needs paint and a wheel arch over fender (currently have replacement bonnet, boot and side skirt), driver seat stitching could use a refresh. Minor surface rust and cracked bumper as per photos.

Passed WOF and 3 Month Rego.

Here is what has been done mechanically:

Engine is now the PSA TU5 (1.6L).
Rebuilt shift linkage, very tight and short throws, replaced all bushings.
Rebuilt alternator.
New front sway bar bushings.
All new rubber all around.
New battery.
New brakes all around.
New front wiper spray motor.
Straight pipe exhaust.
New light bulbs.
New air intake with pod filter.
Tail light has been fixed.

Mechanically this car is very sound. Doesn't burn any oil, doesn't grind any gears. Been serviced entirely at Bishops garage, they specialize in citroens and Peugeot. I have a massive stack of service records from me and the previous owner. This car hasn't let me down and is a joy to drive. This car never came with power steering, abs or air bags so it's super light and with the new engine putting out more power is real quick in the twisties and off the line.

Would be great as a project for someone who wants to see it stay alive or just as a fun daily run around. Looking for a quicker sale, so come see it before it's gone. If you need any more photos or questions I'm keen to answer and hope this car goes to a good home.

If you want any more pictures or these ones came out terrible or anything let me know!
1400$OBO

https://imgur.com/a/9Mj7YNi