• Welcome to www.fastfrogs.co.nz - Fast Frogs The NZ home for Fast French Cars .

Hello!

Started by Bomble, July 23, 2008, 10:06:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bomble

Hi, I'm Tom.

I love Peugeots and especially the 205 GTi, and what better place to come than Fast Frogs?! I live in Christchurch and am looking for my first car at the moment. I'm very picky so it's taken me some time!

As for my job/study, I'm a student pilot training for my Commercial Licence which I should get in April next year. I've gotta get a flash car for the job!

Cheers.

monnymc

welcome Tom!

congratulations on your decision to buy a Peugeot - once you've driven one you'll never go back/wonder why the hell you didn't just get a toyoooooda  :D

Griffe

Welcome aboard Tom,

How have you heard of our great little site?

Nice choice of a first car too!
It's a workup

CaM

welcome buddy.
good luck in the quest for car findage!
I believe we need an inter-island meet this summer.... waimate trip in pete's cx maybe?
1959 Citroën ID19 Slough
1990 Peugeot 205Mi16

BigPete

^ Waimate trip in CaM's ID maybe?

Would be very keen, but realistically CX won't be going/roadworthy by then :'(

monnymc

i'll give it a buff and polish for beers  :)

CaM

just fix the steering. no wof run '08/'09.
keen to roll the ID down for sure. attacking the brakes, clutch, and suspension tickle up as soon as the 205 is running.
1959 Citroën ID19 Slough
1990 Peugeot 205Mi16

mrc_1979

Hi Tom, welcome to fastfrogs. I'm down chch way as well. Looks like the numbers are increasing down here which is good to see :)

BigPete

^ I think that'd take off what little paint's left :D

It's also getting to the point where it takes me about 5 minutes to turn left.

Incidentally, have you finished with the vacuum cleaner - the CX could use another de-watering. :-* :D

monnymc

i'll have one more spak on it this weekend and give it back  :)

i'll be gentle with the cx - bit of carnauba, soft pad... ahhh.

BigPete

Rofl; - you'll die when you see the condition of the paint on it. Heaps of it will have to come off to remedy rust anyway so might as well respray the whole thing

monnymc

time to buy a compressor/spraygun and some plastic dropsheets for your garage  :P

BigPete

Was hoping Bazwad could find me a booth hookup when he gets back ;D

monnymc

i'll help spray if you sus a booth  :)

BigPete

Will probably be ready by summer 2014