• Welcome to www.fastfrogs.co.nz - Fast Frogs The NZ home for Fast French Cars .

bonjour i'm new here :o) and just finished a re and re engine on my 205.

Started by maxpwr205, August 03, 2008, 02:07:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

maxpwr205

It's been very educational,  a bit frustrating and very rewarding this project and i have now found an even greater admiration for this little devil so talked about...
  I've  purchased a 205 in christchurch 8 months ago which had a blown engine in it. The previous owner cooked it, promptly! with not much care apparently? Anyway, It's a black 1990 1.9 gti. Japanese spec  :(   gti  :) 600$ ;D
The car came up to my attention since it was parked outside a garage at the nd of my street and seemed it wasnt getting much attention for a period of 6 months ish?? A bit suspicious but alot more curious, i went in and   talked to the mechanic which led to, hey! you can have it as is, 600$ if you get this thing out of here pronto.  I always liked the look of this particular model back in the days when i first saw one in Canada. it was an instant favorite of mine. A bit unusual though since all my friends loved the v8's. Mustangs camaros... American cars were the ones around here.
So after towing it to my place, without ever ridden in one before, i knew instantly it was one of those cool moments. Hey! i got one, it's cheap it's in my garage and i have to fix it  ;D
I have now a 309 gti engine in it, the 122bhp one and absolutely love this little unassuming car. It delivers   with a good combo of power handling look consumption  like few others, even the new ones. Plus, it's a bit special on top of that! and suspect it's the case for many...
I've since purchased another one it's a Graphite grey 1.9 gti from a 205 fan and this one is practically original. Although in some good ways,it does have some of the problematic area fixed or improved. Listing the Exhaust manifold, now a full stainless exhaust system is in place, the induction improved with the K&N,  Spax suspension improve the cornering , Splitfire spark complete system, A New clutch, new starter,new battery,new pirelli p6000 195 50 15 on refurbished 15 stock peugeot mags and a new gearbox with synthetic oil.  8)

Anyway, looking forward to some drives this summer and hope to connect with some peugeot fans around ChCh . Jean

monnymc

welcome, new fastie!

your grey one didn't have the plates "GOWER" when you got it, did it? if so, that's an awesome car!

also, $600 for the win  :D

maxpwr205

Yes indeed inspecteur cluso... It is the Gower one.
Bought it for my 40Th! had to dig deep though  :o
original mint ones, with or without "the proper mods" are a bit of a rarity now.
Will put a new sound system in, but will keep with the no mods allowed if that make sens, just refitting to existing location.

2052NV

YAY SOMONE ON HERE BROUGHT GOWER

I was looking at that car for a long time but didnt quite have the cash  >:(

Where abouts are you located??

monnymc

awesome, awesome car.  I aspire to get my 205 project up to that standard one day  :)

please, feel free to start up a projects thread and post some images, i'm sure all of us would like to get a closer look at your car  :D