• Welcome to www.fastfrogs.co.nz - Fast Frogs The NZ home for Fast French Cars .

new person..

Started by 309munkey, August 13, 2008, 09:57:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

309munkey

hi, generally i an a motorcyclist, but i cannot get all the family on a road bike. so having tested a 309GTi in the UK around an airfield about 10 years ago.... i still had a spot for them in my 'whats a znazy vehicle' lineup, Minis are nice but way too much money and often secretly rusty, jap GTs were a possibilty but then i saw this one on trade me.  picking it up tomorrow. fingers crossed.

monnymc

congrats, you made a fine choice!

which one did you get?

Griffe

Good man!

Welcome along to our friendly little somewhat helpful site.  You indeed have picked a good car.

Where are you based? We meet up on a weekly base at the pub and talk about all things French, and you're more than welcome to come along
It's a workup

309munkey

yeah got a red one was one TM a month ago, just been trying to get to Auckland to pick up. I am Waipukurau based. which pub do we meet at? HA! Pukeora Hill climb anyone?

309munkey

and the English part of this French thing seems to work for me also as it seems a Hillman California my Uncle owned before his death and gifted to me may well have been made in the same factory? (Hillman sold... sad but too time consuming)

CaM

welcome.
got a bit excited about the hillman and was knocked off my perch when i read you'd sold it. LOVE them, and would be in my top 10 cars to own.

KEEN for pukeora hillclimb. when's the net one? I went up and watched the second to last one. very cool some of the stuff they run in that.
1959 Citroën ID19 Slough
1990 Peugeot 205Mi16

309munkey

not sure on the hillclimb, i think the Hawks Bay car club run it, i live about 5 minutes away. wonder what you need to get in on one of those hoon sessions? any ideas?

CaM

MSNZ affiliated car club membership + clubsport licence + fire extinguisher + helmet + overalls pretty much.
1959 Citroën ID19 Slough
1990 Peugeot 205Mi16

309munkey

mmmmm..... as if i didn't have enough to do...  i might just go and pose with a beret and some croissants or something.

CaM

^ hardest bit to sort = club memebrship, but shopuld be easy enough to get into dannevegas car club etc
1959 Citroën ID19 Slough
1990 Peugeot 205Mi16