• Welcome to www.fastfrogs.co.nz - Fast Frogs The NZ home for Fast French Cars .

Newbie fastfrog

Started by red16v, September 05, 2008, 11:45:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

badbui

I been here since start of 2 towers...what's her name?

red16v

YOu dont happen to have a mint 106 XSI by any chance? There are a number of nice pugs over your way. Been tempted by them, but my dad would kill me-actually kill me.Hes worked on cits for 40 years, so his loyalty is fairly ingrained. Ends with the Xantia, the xsara was too ugly, then he packed a sad with citroen NZ and chucked it in. Restores old ones now, two 2cvs, a light15, and a ds on the go. Not bad for 69!
The only thing better than one 16v: TWO 16vs...and a V6

1991 Red/Black BX 16v Phase1 D6C-projected into house.bugger
1991 Red BX 16v Phase2 D6C- restored
1998 Silver Xantia V6-family rocket

badbui

Yeah...I have the silver xsi...106 gti with the exhaust that sets off all the car alarms in the street.
The white 106 rallye...and numerous 205's over the years....
I'm always looking in the window of your car checking it out haha.

Reviled

Quote from: red16v on September 05, 2008, 02:11:02 PM
YOu dont happen to have a mint 106 XSI by any chance? There are a number of nice pugs over your way. Been tempted by them, but my dad would kill me-actually kill me.Hes worked on cits for 40 years, so his loyalty is fairly ingrained. Ends with the Xantia, the xsara was too ugly, then he packed a sad with citroen NZ and chucked it in. Restores old ones now, two 2cvs, a light15, and a ds on the go. Not bad for 69!

Why would he kill you? Surely if he worked on them for 40 years wouldnt he know that Peugeot and Citreon are the same thing??

monnymc

Quote from: Reviled on September 05, 2008, 02:18:04 PM
Quote from: red16v on September 05, 2008, 02:11:02 PM

Why would he kill you? Surely if he worked on them for 40 years wouldnt he know that Peugeot and Citreon are the same thing??

only as far as engines go buddy  :P

and doorhandles i guess in the axgt's and 106'es

and a couple of other bits

yeah, they're the same  :)

monnymc

Quote from: badbui on September 05, 2008, 02:06:02 PM
I been here since start of 2 towers...what's her name?

Sophie Guthrie, idk if she worked on it during towers, but she did make some trees  :D possibly ents even

red16v

Yeah but citroen does most of the engine development for the PSA group, then gets stiffed out of the cool stuff by Peugeot. They got forced out of hydraulic braking for cost issues, and in doing so killed the true citroen.The C5,C6, are nice enough, but not true citroens anymore. Bloody range rovers come with the same suspension design these days. But thwe older ones are still the bees.its the ongoing arguement over the XUJ94- was it designed for the bx16v, and put in the MI 16, or vice versa? WHo cares, its a great engine in both margues.But peugeots are a bit better built interior wise.

monnymc

matey, cit interiors are way cooler! less plush, but space-age  :)

red16v

Tell that to my clock which works every 2nd tuesday.and has been replaced with a new factory model.it still does it! Yeah the interiors are comfy too-16v seats rock on a long journey.

Carpentry

I have a BX 16v seat for console gaming purposes/the win
Take it to Bishops

red16v

good choice.i am trying to get hold of a wrecked 16v at the moment for all the interior bits, as my girl has been pulled apart by a performing monkey at some stage in its life.was suprised not to find dried faeces under the seats.chips and cracks all over the place. bastards.