• Welcome to www.fastfrogs.co.nz - Fast Frogs The NZ home for Fast French Cars .

Newbie fastfrog

Started by red16v, September 05, 2008, 11:45:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

red16v

Hey guys, just found this site-mint!Have a 1991 Citroen BX 16v, red n black two tone. Currently looking at getting engine done-camshaft, induction, chip etc. Will post pics soon. Also, if anyone has a 306 GTI-6 inlet manifold lying about, i will happily take it off their hands!
The only thing better than one 16v: TWO 16vs...and a V6

1991 Red/Black BX 16v Phase1 D6C-projected into house.bugger
1991 Red BX 16v Phase2 D6C- restored
1998 Silver Xantia V6-family rocket

Carpentry

Welcome matey!

I love BX's, especially the 16v. They look like spaceships. I'm sure your car will find all the appreciation it needs/deserves right here :P
Take it to Bishops

monnymc

yeah, BX'es rule! i drove one for a day, was awesome  :) go the uppey-downey suspension  :D

red16v

Yeah the suspension is great- WHEN IT WORKS. my old man is on his way over to help swap out the rear spheres, and flush the LHM again, after findin rubber floaties in it-dont recharge old spheres if you dont know how old they are- a previous owner obviously did. When you can get new ones for like 90 bucks, why bother. Now my height adjuster is a bit iffy too. But the flush did wonders for retaining ride height-you go out in the mornig and the old girl is still at full ride height! Down in wellington-look for the two-tone 16v on black 17s, and loud exhaust-soon to be a little quieter.

monnymc

quiet it down! if the bore is too big, you'll be losing valuable low-end torque  :) i'm running the same engine in my 309, and it likes a standard exhaust (2 inch, possibly 2.25)

wow, there's heaps of Wellingtonians around now  :P

BigPete

red16v

Its the same diameter as factory, just straight through-did away with the double cans on the back. But the muffler is just drone-central at 100kph. With my sub doin its thing it can be bloody awful. Doesnt do it all the time, but when the resonances match, its hard on the ears. Soon to change, have two cobys left over from a job here at Weta, will try something clever with those... :D

monnymc

true, do you work at weta?

do you know Tom Chamberlain?

BigPete

I don't understand BX exhausts

Does it look weird with 17s ???

badbui

I know of tom chamberlain, dunno if he still works here..but he was on tech support i think.
Hey man I see your bx parked outside work all the time.
Sweet ride.
Did you also have that 2 tone ax gt?

red16v

The 17s look great, but crash about like a bastard. Am on the lookout for some 15s, which should stop that. They are a bit heavy for the suspension components.Will fire up some pics when im home-got none at work.

red16v

Yeah that AXGT was mine- i sold it last year, its up in auckland now, looking sorry for itself. Was on trademe last month, desperately wanted to hit buy now! Its now missing its alloys, but we got that car running mint before i sold it-new throttle position sensor made a huge difference. YL8625, if you are out there, i miss you. Big things coming for the 16v tho....

monnymc

Quote from: badbui on September 05, 2008, 01:50:59 PM
I know of tom chamberlain, dunno if he still works here..but he was on tech support i think.

lol yeah that's him. a lot of people seem to know of him, he's a crazy bastard  :P but he's awesome. to his credit, he also used to drive a BX turbo diesel  :D

how many people on here work at weta??

badbui

2 now that i know of.
Red16v you are over at workshop right?
I'm a digimon.

Oh and the bx looks super pimp on 17's.
I'm not usually a fan of big rims but it suits the tough red and black look.

monnymc

also, my GF used to work there too, in the LOTR days, making miniatures etc  :)