• Welcome to www.fastfrogs.co.nz - Fast Frogs The NZ home for Fast French Cars .

Started by nikolai_axgt, September 10, 2008, 12:25:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nikolai_axgt

Hey

Im Nikolai, 18yrs old studying in Wellington but from Gisborne. Ive owned a 1990 Citroen AXGT for about 2 and a half yrs now and have loved every minute of it. Ive put a good 30,000 ks on the clock, which also means ive spent a fair bit of time underneath the front end  :-\ but truth be told ive loved that part too. Before i left home the clutch was starting to give out; the result of showing many friends with jap german and australian cars what the Citroen could do  ;) One highlight was dragging off my friend in his 2.3 Merc 190E. So i am on the lookout for a new clutch kit and also an electric window motor if anybody can help. But anyways, for now i just have to pass the time until i can go home for summer and start up that beastly 1400cc engine  :D

Cheers guys

red16v

Nice one- used to own an injected AXGT, loved it, once i sorted out throttle position sensor! Great fun cars to drive. Welcome.
The only thing better than one 16v: TWO 16vs...and a V6

1991 Red/Black BX 16v Phase1 D6C-projected into house.bugger
1991 Red BX 16v Phase2 D6C- restored
1998 Silver Xantia V6-family rocket

nikolai_axgt

yeah unfortunately this ones not injected but a new battery and a bit of carby cleaner means the cold morning starts arnt a prob anymore haha

red16v

CArbie model had heaps more grunt anyway. Dont bother trying to find alloys either- why citroen wanted to save one wheel nut a corner is beyond me. You can get em on ebay but not cheap to get over here!

you wont get parts for it mate

Good work! Welcome dude. Citroen's rock!  ;D

nikolai_axgt

theyve tried to wave weight everywhere i think haha. door once fell off my car because the pins are like a thin aluminium! oh well just means a better power:weight  ;D thats interesting that they sell mags in 3 stud at all actually, i had thought of replacing the hubs but also a costly option

monnymc

couldn't you fit 106 hubs and beam to her? they're 4x108 aren't they?

nikolai_axgt

yeah def could but by the time i had the parts i needed plus wheels and tyres itd be getting pretty expensive. ive managed to fit on 175 width tyres rather than the 155s it had, so it handles allright anyway. and dont use the car enough anymore to want to spend huindreds on looks

red16v

Strip every thing out of her, just leave two seats, register her as a two seater-wheyhey, great  rocketship. I couldnt believe how much faster mine was when i stript the interior out to put my stereo in-very hard to put it back in!